Add or remove email accounts in the Yahoo Mail app
Gone are the days when you need to find a computer with internet connection every time you want to check your email. Now with the advancement of the latest smartphones, you can access your emails wherever you want. Nowadays, almost every email service is offering its application to provide a better user interface and functionality to the smartphone users. Similarly, Yahoo also has its mobile application which is loaded with many awesome features. It is very easy to use Yahoo mail app if you have used any mail application before. However, if you a newbie, you may find it difficult to add or remove email accounts in the Yahoo Mail app.
This tutorial is for those Yahoo mail app users who are unable to add or remove email account in the Yahoo mail due to any reason. Here, we will provide you with the most convenient steps so that you can add or remove email account in Yahoo mail application with ease.
How to add an Email account in the Yahoo Mail application?
Yahoo mail app permits you to add email account quite easily. In addition to this, it also allows you to link any third party email account with your Yahoo mail account. Using this feature you can check emails from multiple accounts under one platform. This aspect of yahoo mail app is very beneficial because it prevents you from the hassle of signing out of an account then log into another account. Before we link another email id to the yahoo mail account, let’s move on to the steps to add a Yahoo mail account in the Yahoo Mail application.
Add a yahoo email account to the Yahoo Mail application
- Launch Yahoo Mail application from your Android or iOS device.
- Tap the menu icon (three horizontal bar icon) from the top.
- Then, Tap on “Manage Accounts”.
- After that, you need to tap the “Add Account” button.
- Provide the email address and password of the email account you want to add in Yahoo mail app.
You don’t have to do anything else, you can now check the emails of your yahoo mail account in the Yahoo mail app easily.
As you have added your Yahoo mail account into the application, you can now link your third email account such as Gmail, outlook etc. in the Yahoo mail app.
Link third party Email account to yahoo mail account in Yahoo mail application
- Run Yahoo Mail application from the iOS or Android device you are using.
- Tap on the Menu icon available at the top of the screen
- Tap “Add another mailbox” option.
- Choose your Yahoo mail account from the top of the screen.
Note: You will be linking the third party account to the yahoo mail account you choose in step 4.
- Tap on the name of the email service provider of the account you are looking to add.
- Enter the email address along with the password of the third party email account you are looking to add.
- Keep following the instructions that will appear on the screen and account will be added automatically.
You can now read and access the email of both Yahoo and third-party email account in the Yahoo Mail app.
How to remove email account in the Yahoo Mail app?
The Yahoo mail application does not offer any option to sign out of Yahoo account. If you want to sign out of your email account on Yahoo mail app then you need to remove the email account.
Steps to remove email accounts in the Yahoo Mail app
- Launch Yahoo Mail mobile application.
- Tap on the Menu Icon.
- Then you need to tap the “manage accounts” options.
- Tap on the “Edit” button.
- Tap the “Remove” button available right next to your yahoo mail account.
- You will require tapping the “remove” button one more time for confirmation.
This will remove your Yahoo email ID from the Yahoo Mail application. However, you should not follow the above-mentioned steps if you are just looking to unlink third-party email account added to your yahoo account.
Steps to unlink third-party email account added to Yahoo email id on Yahoo mail app.
- Firstly, you need to run the Yahoo mail app and tap the Menu icon.
- Then, you need to tap the “Manage Accounts” button.
- After that, you have to tap “Account info”. This option is available just below the Yahoo account which is linked.
- Tap on the “X” button appearing near the linked account.
- Finally, confirm unlink by tapping the “Unlink” button.
The email account linked with your Yahoo mail account is now unlinked. Remember, by doing this, you will not be able to read the message of the unlinked account in your Yahoo mail account. Visit 24*7 yahoo Support Number