How To Reset Forgot Bellsouth Email Password
In this digital age, when all the services are getting online it is very important that we have access to our Email IDs. As the number of online services is increasing, the number of passwords that users have to remember is also on a rise. It is not possible for a user to remember all the passwords every time. That’s why it is not uncommon for the users to forget their password. However, if you are a Bellsouth Email user then you are quite lucky. The reason behind this is that after the merger of Bellsouth and AT&T it becomes quite easy to recover a lost Bellsouth Password.
It is recommended that you should frequently change your Bellsouth Password in order to keep it safe from the hackers and scammers. In all the fuss of the changing the password, users often forget Bellsouth password they are using currently. Irrespective of the reason, you may lose some important emails if you can’t access your Bellsouth account. In this post, we will provide you complete details regarding the Bellsouth password recovery so that you can get your Bellsouth account back.
Before running Bellsouth password recovery
Many users keep on complaining that they are unable to log into Bellsouth even after entering the correct password. The reason behind this is that forgetting Bellsouth password is not the only reason why Bellsouth login error occurs. There are many more possible reasons why you can face trouble while signing into Bellsouth. Follow the step given below to confirm that you really need Bellsouth Password recovery to reset Bellsouth password.
- Make sure you are not doing any typing error while entering the Bellsouth User ID and password.
- Ensure that your caps lock button is not ON while entering the password. The password is case sensitive so caps lock can cause some great problems.
- Check your internet connection. It should be fast and smooth.
- Confirm that the browser you are using is fully compatible with Bellsouth.
How to recover Bellsouth Password?
Forgetting the Bellsouth password is the most common reason why users have to face Bellsouth login issues. In case you are also encountering some kind of Bellsouth sign-in problem due to forget Bellsouth password then you need not worry at all. All you need to do is follow the steps given below.
- 1. After the merger of AT&T with Bellsouth email you need to visit AT&T website in order to log into Bellsouth account.
- 2. Once you are on the AT&T website, you should click on the “Bellsouth forgot password” link.
- 3. Then on the new page, you need to enter your Bellsouth user id and the last name.
- 4. After that, you need to enter the captcha code.
- 5. Click on the “Continue” button after entering the captcha.
- 6. Now, you need to prove that you are the legitimate owner of the Bellsouth account whose password you want to reset. You can prove your identity in the following ways.
- a. Through Temporary password: In this method, Bellsouth will send a temporary password to your Phone number or secondary email ID. Please note that you can use this method to reset Bellsouth password only if your phone number or secondary email ID is associated with Bellsouth email account.
- b. By Security Questions: You can also prove your identity by answering the Bellsouth security questions. The security questions are the questions that you set while creating your account.
- 7. Provide the temporary password or answer the security question as per your wish.
- 8. Set a new Bellsouth password that you can use to sign into Bellsouth in future.
- 9. Check the new password by signing in again.
Change Bellsouth password.
If you know your current Bellsouth password and want to change it for the security reasons then you may follow the steps given below:
- Open AT&T login page and sign in to your Bellsouth email account.
- Visit “My profile” section and click the “Set Personal Password” button from the bottom of the page.
- Then, you need to provide the new password.
- Remember the following points while entering the new Bellsouth password.
- a. The length of a password should be between 6 to 24 characters.
- b. Your password should not be all letters or numbers.
- c. An ideal password consists of a good combination of lower case letters, upper case letters, hyphens (-) or underscores(_)
- Finally, you need to click on the “Save” button to save the new password.
In addition to changing the Bellsouth password, you should also update your security questions and answers. Updating security questions and answers makes the Bellsouth password recovery much easier in the future.
How to make Bellsouth Password recovery more convenient in future?
There are precautions take you can take so that you can recover your Bellsouth password with great ease. Some of these precautions are as follows:
- Always note down your password somewhere especially if you are not good at remembering them.
- Keep your phone number updated in your Bellsouth account.
- Set security questions so that you can get your Bellsouth account back.
- Never give untrusted applications access to your Bellsouth account.
- Keep a good antivirus installed in your PC. visit the Bellsouth Customer Service Support
Other Email password Recovery Help Steps