Gmail Users can set up their IMAP settings and can change their SMTP settings to read Gmail messages in other mail.The users can add their Gmail account to Outlook Mail using IMAP settings. Its easy to add your Gmail account to the Outlook Mail through IMAP/SMTP settings. You just need to follow some steps In your Gmail mail and outlook, but after following those you would be able to access your Gmail in Outlook. In this article steps to add Gmail Account to Outlook Using IMAP Settings are given below.
Follow These Steps To Add Your Gmail Account to Outlook Using IMAP settings
Please follow the steps given below-
- First of all you need to open your gmail account for changing the settings, click on Settings icon and you will see the drop down list of options here you have to choose Settings Option.
2. Now you will see that settings screen will open with various settings options. Here you have to do –
(1.)Click on Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
(2.) Now Check the Enable IMAP option.
(3.) Click on Save Changes button at the right bottom.
3. After changing the above settings you have to add the gmail account which you want to add to Outlook mail by following these steps-
- Click on File.
- Now you will see many options but you have to choose Info .
- Now Click on “Add Account“.
4. After clicking on Add Account a dialog box will open where you have to choose Manual setup or additional sever types option and click on Next button.
5. After clicking on next you will be redirected to the next window where you will see two options but you have to select POP or IMAP option and click on next.
6. In POP or IMAP Account Settings section you need to enter some information manually.
First of all you have to enter user information
- Enter your account name and email address
Now enter Server Information
- Here you will see the tab account type choose IMAP from drop down list.
- Now put imap.googlemail.com in Incoming mail server and smtp.googlemail.com in outgoing mail server.
Now enter your Logon Information
- Enter your username and password of Gmail account.
Click on More Settings and then on Next.
7. Now you will see a Pop up window here you will see the Internet Email Settings ,
- Here you have to select “Outgoing server” tab and now you need to check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server options.
- Click on OK.
8. Now in the same Internet Email Settings
You have to switch on Advanced tab here you have to enter some information in each text box-
- In Incoming server enter: 993.
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server: 587
- Use the following type of encrypted connection : TLS
Click on OK to close the Internet Email Settings Dialog Box. Now click on “Next” in Add Account Dialog and you will get redirected to the Test Account Setting Pop-up here you will see the close button, click on that.
9. At last, after completing the above steps you will see a screen saying “You’re all set!” you have to click Finish button to close it.
10. The above message is the notification that you have successfully added the Gmail account to Outlook mail.
The above steps can be followed to add your Gmail to Outlook Mail but you need to put all the information correctly to make a correct connection so that your Gmail account may get redirected to Outlook Mail.