How to Block Spam Emails in Yahoo Mail Account?: Every popular webmail service always remains in the firing range of spammers. The reason behind this is that the spammer can get a large audience to target in the popular email services. The situation is quite similar with the Yahoo mail as well. Spammer keeps on finding new & innovative ways to spam Yahoo users with promotional and sometimes malicious emails. To safeguard its users from the nuisance of spammers, Yahoo offers many ways by which users can block spam emails in Yahoo Mail account.
Spam Emails in Yahoo Mail Account Problems with Solutions
- How to block unwanted emails in yahoo
- how to stop unwanted emails in yahoo mail
- how to stop receiving spam emails in yahoo
- yahoo mail spam increase
- how to block emails on yahoo mobile
- how to block spam emails on yahoo iphone
- how to unsubscribe from unwanted emails in yahoo
- how to stop spam emails being sent from my yahoo account
Yahoo is very strict against the spammers. It keeps on locking the account of the user who found suspicious to be a spammer. Additionally, it allows Yahoo users to block up to 500 emails so that they can prevent themselves against spam emails. With all these restrictions and restrains, spammers still manage to reach Yahoo users inbox more often than not. If you are a Yahoo mail user annoyed with spam messages then this post is going to help you significantly. Here, we will help you block spam emails in Yahoo Mail account effectively.
Stop Spam Emails in Yahoo Mail account
Even though you can block around 500 email addresses in Yahoo but this cannot immune you completely from the spam messages. The spammers can and usually use fresh email addresses to spam you with junk messages. In order to block spam email in Yahoo mail account and ensure complete security, you may follow the 4 methods given below:
- Mark Spam in the Yahoo Mail Account
- Report to Yahoo about the spam email in your Yahoo account.
- Blocking email addresses of the spammers
- Unsubscribe from the mailing list
Let’s discuss these methods in detail.
Mark Spam in the Yahoo Mail Account
This is the easiest method to minimize spam email in your Yahoo Mail account. In this method, you just need to mark an email as spam in case you find it suspicious. Here is how you can do it.
- Firstly, you need to log-in to your Yahoo account.
- Find the email you suspect to be a spam message.
- Right click on the email and choose “This is spam” option from the menu.
- Apart from this, you can also block spam email in Yahoo mail by clicking the checkbox against the email and selecting “spam”.
Report to Yahoo about the spam email in your Yahoo account
In addition to marking the suspicious email as spam, you can also report that email to Yahoo as well. This method is very helpful when you have a cluster of spam emails flooding your Yahoo mail inbox. Follow the step given below to know how to report spam email in Yahoo mail account.
- Choose or open the message you want to report as a spam.
- Click on the downward pointing arrow available next to the “Spam” button in the menu.
- Then, you need to select the “Report Spam” option from the menu.
- You can also choose other categories in which you want to report the particular email to Yahoo. The available categories are as follows:
- Report Spam.
- Report a Phishing Scam
- Not my mail
- Report a Hacked Account
Blocking email addresses of the spammers
As discussed earlier, you can block up to 500 email addresses in Yahoo. Follow the steps given below if you don’t know how to block someone on yahoo.
- Log into your Yahoo mail account.
- Hover your cursor over the settings gear icon available at the top.
- Choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu that will open.
- Then, under the “Settings” menu, you need to click on the “Blocked Addresses” option available on the left-hand side panel.
- Provide the Email address you want to block in the “Add an address” field.
- After that, you need to click on the “Block” button.
- Finally, you can click on the “Save” button to apply the changes.
The suspicious email address will be blocked straightaway and you will never receive an email from that address ever.
Unsubscribe from the mailing list
One of the main sources of the spam emails is subscribed mailing list. Many users do get subscribed to these mailing lists unknowingly. Yahoo offers a very simple method by which you can unsubscribe from these mailing lists.
- Open the email message, you received from the subscription-based mailing list.
- Scroll down to the bottom to find the unsubscribe option.
- Click on the “Unsubscribe” option.
- Sometimes, the unsubscribe button does not work in such cases you should mark the mail as spam.
How to stay away from spam in the future?
The steps discussed earlier in this article can help you block spam emails in yahoo mail account. Now, let’s discuss how you can avoid spam emails in the future.
- Restrict yourself from replying to unknown senders.
- Never respond to the email messages asking you to remove the subscription. Most of them are spam.
- Be extremely careful while giving your email address on different websites.
We hope that this post is going to help you get rid of spam email in Yahoo. However, if the problem continues then you may contact yahoo support.