Step-By-Step Instructions to Setup ‘Auto-Reply’ Mode on AT&T Email Account: Planning a vacation? Going out of the office for a while? No need to worry, your AT&T email account can reply automatically to every incoming email messages. By using the amazing “Auto-reply” mode functions of AT&T, you can let everyone know that you are out of the office and not receiving emails. This can help you enjoy your vacation freely without worrying about the emails not being answered.
Using the “Auto-reply” mode in AT&T email, you can not only inform senders about your non-availability but also send any message as per your choice. In this tutorial, we are going to present you the step by step instructions to set up ‘Auto Reply’ mode on AT&T Email account in a meticulous manner.
How to set up automatic reply in AT&T email?
While enjoying their holidays, no one wants to be disturbed by annoying emails. In such cases, you can set up the automatic reply on your AT&T email account by following the steps below:
- First of all, you need to log into your AT&T email Account.
- Move your cursor over the settings gear icon and choose settings from the drop-down menu.
- After that, you need to select the “Vacation Response” category from the menu that will open.
- Under the “Automatic Response” option, you need to ensure that “Enable during these dates (inclusive)” option is checked.
- Now, you have to specify the date range during which you want to send the automatic replies. Enter the specific start and end date under the “From” and “To” option.
- Then, enter the desired message that you are looking to send automatically as a reply to your senders.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button.
It is recommended that you should add the date of your return in your automatic reply. This will help the senders know when they need to contact you again. You may also add emergency contact information in your automatic reply so that a sender can contact you in case of an emergency.
How can I set up a different automatic reply for different senders?
Unfortunately, you cannot set up different automatic replies for every sender in AT&T email. However, you can set up a specific automatic reply for all the email addresses having a similar domain. For example – if you want to set up different replies for the email addresses with myuniversity.edu domain and mycompany.org domain then you can do it on AT&T. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to do so.
- Open the “Vacation Response” option as mentioned in the steps discussed earlier.
- Select the date range for your automatic replies.
- Enter the desired message that you want to show to your senders.
- Now, you need to ensure that the option against “Different response to emails from a specific domain” is checked.
- Under the First domain, you should enter the domain of the senders that should receive an alternate automatic reply.
- If you want to add another domain then you need to enter it under the second domain.
- Go to the “Message” option and enter the alternate automatic reply that you want to send to the senders with the specific domains.
- Finally, click on the save button.
Now, the senders with the two domains that you have entered will receive the different automatic reply from the rest of the users. For testing purpose, you can send yourself an email from a different email account.
We hope that this post clears all your doubt regarding the process to set up ‘Auto-Reply’ Mode on AT&T Email Account. However, if you still have some doubt then you can contact AT&T support department.