How to Categorize Emails in Yahoo?
Having all the incoming emails stuffed in a single inbox can be quite clumsy and problematic. Although Yahoo offers amazing features of basic search and advanced search it can be very difficult at times to find a particular email. To fix such problems you can add filters for all your incoming Yahoo emails and send them to the desired folders. You can also create new folders as per your choice and categorize Emails in Yahoo
Categorizing Emails in Yahoo will not only help you sorting incoming Yahoo mail but also provide you easy and straightforward access to them. If you don’t know how to categories Email in your Yahoo account then this article is just for you. Here, we will discuss the step by step method to categorize Email in Yahoo with ease.
Steps to Categorize Emails in Yahoo with ease
The complete process of categorizing Emails in Yahoo can be divided into the following steps.
Step – 1: Creating Folders for new categories
In order to sort out the incoming emails in Yahoo, you need to create new folders in your Yahoo mail account. Here is how you can do it.
- First of all, log into Yahoo mail account.
- Move your cursor near the “Folder” option. Here you will find the “+” option in the right-hand side of the “Folder” option. You need to click the “+” option.
- A blank field will appear as soon as you click on the “+” icon.
- Provide the name for your new folder and press “Enter”.
- That’s it; a new folder with your provided name will be added in your Yahoo account.
Step – 2: Adding Filter to send incoming Email to the new folder
As you have already created a new folder, it is the time to re-direct all the new incoming emails to the new folder.
- Click on settings gear icon from the top right corner of your main Yahoo mail inbox page.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu. This will open a settings pop-up on your screen.
- Open “Filters” option located at the left-hand side of the settings window.
- Click on the “Add” button to create a new filter. A new window will open as soon as you click on the “Add” button.
- Provide a name for your filter under the “Filter Name” field.
- Select the rules and criteria for your filter under the "If an incoming message meets all of these conditions" field.
- Now, under the “Then move the message to this folder” field, you need to select the folder you have created in step 1.
- Click on the “Save” button from the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button once again from the bottom-left corner of the screen.
Now, all your incoming emails fulfilling the filter criteria will automatically get delivered to the new folder. You can create about 1000 filters using the similar method to categorize Emails in Yahoo. However, you should remember that the filters will be applicable only for the future incoming messages. The email already in your inbox will remain intact.
Step – 3 Modifying and Deleting Yahoo Mail Filters
By following the step 1 and step 2, you can effortlessly create filters to categorize Emails in Yahoo. However, you may need to Edit Yahoo Mail Filters in the future. Here is how you can do it.
- Click on the settings gear icon and choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose “Filters” option under the “Settings” Window.
- Choose the filter you want to edit or delete under the “Filters” section.
- In order to edit the filter, you need to click the “Edit” button available at the top.
- In case you want to remove the filter, you need to click on the “Remove” button.
- Make the desired changes in the filter as per your wish.
- Click on the “Save” button available at the bottom left corner of the “Settings” Window.
- If you delete the filter then the incoming emails will again start to land in your main inbox. Visit to know more Yahoo.com Customer Service Help Number