CenturyLink Internet not Working 2020: CenturyLink is one of the leading high-speed internet service providers in the United States. The internet service of CenturyLink is considered quite smooth; it rarely encounters an error or issue. However, when an error occurs, the CenturyLink users have to face a lot of nuisance. If your CenturyLink Internet is not working then you should try to fix the problem immediately because without an internet connection you can miss necessary information through your email and social media accounts. The reasons why CenturyLink Internet stopped working can be a temporary service outage or a problem in the internet connection.
This tutorial is intended to help those users who don’t know what they should do in case CenturyLink Internet not working for them. Here, we will list down some of the common CenturyLink internet problem and the steps that you should follow in order to fix them.
Common Problems and issues with CenturyLink Internet
Internet service involves a lot of technicalities, that’s why the errors and issues in CenturyLink internet are quite diverse in nature. Still, there are some common problems that are faced by a lot of CenturyLink Internet users as given below:
- CenturyLink Internet not working on Android/ iPhone
- CenturyLink internet is slow
- Wi-Fi device not connected to the modem.
- No Internet access even though CenturyLink internet is connected.
- Router keeps dropping internet
- CenturyLink network issues and outages.
Please note that these issues are given only for the purpose of giving examples. Actually, there are many more issues due which the users have to face a problem in CenturyLink Internet.
Things to check Before Starting the troubleshooting process
If your CenturyLink Internet isn’t working then you can fix the issues with ease. However, before starting to follow the troubleshooting steps, you should check and confirm the following things.
- Make sure that problem is with the CenturyLink Internet not with your computer or mobile phone. To check your Computer/ Mobile phone you should try to connect it to another network and see you are able to use the internet. The facility of testing CenturyLink Internet connection is also available at the official website of CenturyLink.
- Ensure that there isn’t any service outage in your area. If CenturyLink Internet is down due to a service outage then you should wait for a while because outage will get fixed within a few hours.
- Make sure your internet connection is not disconnected by CenturyLink due to non-payment of any bill.
After checking all these things, you can move on to the steps in order to fix the problem you are facing.
How to get rid of CenturyLink Internet problems?
Here are the steps that you need to follow in case your CenturyLink Internet Connection stopped working.
Step: 1 – Restart/ Reboot the Modem
- First of all, you should reboot or restart your modem and see if this resolves the problem you are facing regarding the CenturyLink Internet.
- To restart the modem, you should unplug the power code of your modem for about 20 seconds and plug it back again.
- After plugging in the power code again, you should wait for around 2 minutes and then check the modem lights.
Step: 2 – Check the lights available on the modem
The next step is checking the lights of the modem. The lights of the modem should appear as given below:
- DSL Light: It should be Green (without blinking)
- Power Light: Green (Solid without blinking)
- Internet (INT) Light: Green (Flashing)
- Ethernet Light: Green light should be flashing (Only if are connected by the Ethernet Cable0
- Wireless Light: Green light must be flashing (Only if have the wireless capabilities)
Step: 3 – Restart the PC or Mobile device
If the problem continues then you should restart (reboot) your computer/ smartphone.
- After restarting the PC/ Phone, you should wait for at least 2 minutes before trying to connect the century link internet again.
Step 4 – Contact CenturyLink Internet Support
- You should get rid of the problem after following the three steps mentioned above. Still, if CenturyLink Internet not working for you then you should raise a ticket at CenturyLink support department.