Spectrum Email Not working/ Stopped working/Opening, Sending, Receiving : Charter email (now known as spectrum email) often creates problems for its users when it stops working. One can simply not carry out the function of sending or receiving their emails when Charter email is not working. When Charter email is not working properly it largely affects your work negatively. There are numerous reasons why this problem happens in the first place. From poor connectivity to the incompatibility of web browser the reasons varies from situation to situation. This article is meant to provide you with the resolution of “Charter email not working”- the elephant in the room. Before we venture further into the solution, it’s important for the readers to understand the reasons why the Spectrum email stops working.
Reasons of Spectrum Email not working
Given below are some of the common reasons behind the irregular working of charter email-
- Connectivity issue
- Server error
- Outdated version of Charter email
- Syncing error
- Incompatible web browser
- Changes in account settings
- Network outage in the area
- Charter email account got blocked
- 3rd party software creating conflict
- Plugins and extensions preventing Charter email from working
What to do when Spectrum email stops working?
It’s time to address the question “How to handle the situation when charter email stopped working”. If you are constantly frustrated by the snapping of charter email when it stops responding, then you need to follow the directions mentioned below to tackle the situation. The resolution might vary accordingly, so make sure that you go through each of the points mentioned and follow the concerned steps thereafter.
- Check the internet connection: Before performing any troubleshooting, you should always check the internet connectivity of the device you were using charter email in. Make sure that the modem is connected to the computer or laptop is connected to Wi-Fi and all the wirings are placed properly. In case you’re using mobile device, then check if you’re getting enough internet speed. Contact your internet service provider if there is no problem with the connection from your end.
- Update the email: A lot of time Charter email does not work when you’re using an outdated version of the mail. If you’re using the email app on your phone, then update the app. In case you’re using charter email in your computer or laptop, then update the email to the latest version to fix the errors.
- Use compatible browser: While a majority of web browsers are compatible with the Charter email but, there are some browsers that do not support the mail. Therefore, if you are encountering “charter email not working” problem in a specific browser, then you need to use some other web browser like chrome, Firefox, safari etc.
- Check for outages in the area: A network outage in your area might be preventing the charter email from working. Check the outages in the area and if there is an outage, wait for some time and then try to login into charter email account.
- Remove/uninstall the 3rd party software creating problem: Sometimes windows firewall and anti-virus program installed in your computer or mobile can prevent the email from working properly. To fix the problem, you need to identify the software and remove it from your device. Restart your device and login into your charter mail account to check if the problem still persists or not.
- Disable the plugins and extensions from browsers: Temporarily disabling the browser extension and plugins can also work wonders and fix the issue. The setting to disable the plugins varies from browser to browser. The process to disable the plugins and extension from chrome browser is as follows-
- Open Chrome and click on the three dot icon at the top-right corner of the page.
- Choose “settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Open the menu by clicking the “icon” in front of the settings.
- Click on the “extensions” button and disable the concerned extension by sliding the bar to the left side.
- Enter chrome://plugins in Chrome’s address bar to view plugins installed for your browser.
- Click the “disable” link under the plugins you want to disable.
- Clear the cache and cookies: The procedure to clear the cache and cookies from chrome is provided below-
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click “more”.
- Click on “more” tools and then click on the “clear browsing data”.
- At the top, choose a time range. If you want to delete everything, select “all time” option.
- Now check the boxes next to “cookies and other site data” and “cached images and files”.
- Click on the “clear data”.
Note: If your problem is not resolved by these methods, then do not feel hesitated to call the Charter email technical support on their number (833) 267-6094 for further assistance.