Method to Reset Charter Email Password : One of the common problems faced by a Charter email user is “how to retrieve the username or password in charter email?” There can be many reasons why users feel the need to recover the password of their charter email account. Some of them might have forgotten the password, which is very natural or some of them simply cannot access their account because their account is compromised. There are number of reasons that can compel you to reset the charter email password so that your data stays protected. Through this article, you will get to know the comprehensive way in which you can perform the Charter email password recovery. Before moving to the solution, it is imperative for you to check whether any of the given reasons applies to your situation.
Reasons to Reset Charter Email password
- Forgot the password of Charter email account
- Typing the correct password but cannot login into account
- Account got compromised
How to Update/Change/reset Charter email password?
Resetting the password of your Charter email account is not an uphill task as it might appear to you. By performing simple steps you can easily gain back the access to your email account. Here is the step by step description of charter email password recovery-
- Go to the password reset tool present on the website of Spectrum.net.
- Choose any one of the options-“I know my password and I want to change it” or “I don’t know my password”
- In case you have selected option I i.e. “I know my password and want to change it” then here’s what your are required to do-
- Enter your details (including the Charter mail ID) in the given fields on the subscriber self care page.
- Select “Login” option.
- Now select “Change Password” option right next to your email.
- Enter the new password of your choice twice. Make sure that the password doesn’t resemble the older one.
- Click on the “Change Password” button.
- Login into your Charter email account using the new password.
- If you have selected option II, then you need to enter your Charter email address and follow the prompt.
- If you are using the password reset tool for the first time, you will be asked to enter the cable modem ID same as your MAC address followed by the security verification question to move ahead.
Reset Charter Forgot password
In case you don’t remember your password, then follow the instructions given below to set a new password-
- Go to the login page of spectrum.net.
- Click on the “forgot username or password” link at the bottom of the login window.
- Select “get password” and enter your username and service zip code when prompted.
- Click on the “continue” button and enter the verification text to confirm that you’re not a robot.
- Choose the mode by which you want to verify your account i.e. by text, email, or automated call.
- Check your email, or phone for the verification code.
- Now provide your six-digit verification code to retrieve your password.
- You many change your current Charter email password to a new one using the method stated in the article.
Tips for setting a strong password
Given below are some useful tips with the help of which you can create a strong password for your Charter email account. The password must follow these guidelines-
- Must be between 8 and 16 characters
- Must include at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter and one number
- Must include at least one special character.
- Must not be the same as previously used passwords
Helpful Hints to set a password
- Use a password that’s easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
- Use a different password for each of your different online accounts.
- Change your password in every 3 months.
- Don’t write your password anywhere.
- Never send or share your password or username via email or any other modes.
What not to do with a Charter password
- Never use password like “password,” “changeme,” “Spectrum” or your username as your password.
- Never include your personal information in your password such as your name or date of birth.
- Avoid using keyboard patterns (asdf), sequential letters (abcd) or sequential numbers (1234) as they can easily be guessed by the hackers.
Resetting a Weak Password
If the password you are currently using to login into Charter email account is a weak one, then you need to keep few things in mind and change it to a strong one for better security. Here are the points you should remember and follow-
- If your current password doesn’t meet the security guidelines of Charter email, then you’ll be automatically redirected to create a new password.
- You need to enter the ZIP Code associated with your username or password.
- Create a new password, then re-enter your new password to confirm.
- Select “Save Password” button, and then choose “Finish” button on the confirmation page.
- Now login using the newly set password.