Can't send or receive charter email- How to fix this?
Sending and receiving messages are the most basic function of any email service. There is no point in using an email service if you are not even able to send or receive emails. The charter not sending receiving email issue is quite common and is faced by a large number of users. There can be different reasons behind this problem such as slow internet, settings problem, etc. If you find out the exact reason behind this problem you can easily fix it. All you need to know are the right troubleshooting steps. Following these steps correctly, you can easily fix charter mail not receiving emails on iPhone, charter mail not sending emails from Chrome and other related issues. In this article, we are providing the complete details of the ‘Can't send or receive charter email’ issue- the reasons for their occurrence and the ways to fix them.
Reasons for problems in sending and receiving charter email
There can be different reasons why you are not able to send or receive email in your charter account. Let’s have a look at these reasons one by one.
Possible reasons for error in receiving charter email
- You have accidently blocked the sender you are trying to receive messages from.
- There is a problem with your internet connectivity.
- The incoming emails are landing into trash instead of inbox.
- Your account is running out of storage space and therefore emails are not received.
- The problem is with the sender’s email account and everything is fine at your end.
- Any problem with the web browser that you are using can also create this problem.
Possible reasons for error in sending charter email
- You have very slow internet speed.
- You have exhausted the hourly limit of sending the emails.
- The file you have attached in your email exceeds the size limit.
- The receiver has accidently blocked you or you have blocked the receiver.
- There is some problem with your web browser.
- The problem can also be due to the device you are using.
Simple solutions to fix sending or receiving issues in charter email
The easy ways to solve the charter mail sending receiving issues are discussed in detail below. Before you follow these troubleshoot measures, send a test email to yourself to make sure you are really facing this problem.
Make sure you have fast internet speed
To check whether the problem is your internet speed, open your web browser and try loading any page. If you face trouble loading pages, it means you internet is not working properly. Try these to fix this problem:
- Make sure your data pack is currently active.
- Airplane mode should not be turned on in your device.
- Restart your router or modem.
- Contact your internet service provider if nothing else works.
Make sure the contact is not blocked
In your account settings, check if you have not accidently blocked the email id you are trying to send emails or receive as well. The steps to do so are provided below:
- Sign in to your email account and go to ‘settings’.
- Now, under ‘account settings’, check whether the concerned email address is present in the list or not.
- If yes, select the email address and click on ‘remove’.
- Click on ‘save account settings’ to save the changes.
Check for problems with your browser
- Make sure that the browser you are using to open charter mail is updated and compatible.
- Sometimes added extensions and plug-ins can also create the email sending and receiving issues. Uninstall such extensions or turn them off temporarily.
- Clear cookies and caches from your browser.
- If problem is not getting fixed, you may try using another web browser.
Others way to fix ‘Can't send or receive charter email’ issue
- Any antivirus software installed in your system can sometime prevent you from sending and/ or receiving emails. Temporarily pause your antivirus and check if this solves the problem.
- Check if all your send messages are going into outbox. If so, you need to resend those emails.
- Check that your IMAP and POP settings are correct as this can also create problems in sending and receiving emails.
- Make sure that you have enough storage space to receive new incoming emails. Delete those emails that are no more important to free up some space.
- Open your account from any other device such as phone (in case you were earlier using laptop or vice versa) and send messages now. If message is sent and received, then there are chances that the problem is with your device. Restart your device to solve the problem.
- In case you are limit of sending emails for an hour has reached, you will have to wait till the limit is renewed. You can send a maximum 50 recipients/ emails per hour using charter email.
- Ask your sender or receiver, whichever is the case, to see if the problem is with their email account.