How to configure Centurylink email with outlook?: Microsoft Outlook is one of the most prestigious email clients available today. It offers best-in-class user interface and amazing security to your email account. The compatibility of MS outlook is quite exemplary you can use any of your email accounts on Outlook. If you have an email account on Centurylink email service then you can use it on Outlook with ease. In order to set up centurylink email on the outlook, you have to configure POP/ IMAP settings in your Outlook application.
Please note that the steps to configure Centurylink email can vary for different outlook versions such as Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 etc. In this post, we will take you through the steps by which you can configure Centurylink email with outlook with ease.
Things to know before you set up Centurylink email on Outlook
Here are a few important things that you should know before Connecting Centurylink email account with Outlook.
- CenturyTel and CenturyLink are now the same company. So, you should not get confused, the steps to configure your CenturyTel/ CenturyLink email account are the same.
- Check your internet connection before starting Centurylink POP/ IMAP configuration on Outlook. Having a good internet connection is necessary because the information that you will provide during the configuration process need to be verified from the server.
- Reset/ recover centurylink email password if you don’t remember it. It is compulsory for a user to provide the password of his/her email account in order to set it up on Outlook.
- As a precautionary measure, we also recommend you keep a backup of your important emails. In some rare cases, it is observed that some users find their important emails missing after setting up their email accounts on Outlook.
Step to configure Centurylink Email with Outlook
The exact steps to add Centurylink emails to Outlook depend upon the version of outlook you are using like MS outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 or 2019. However, the general instruction remains quite the same. Here, we are providing the general method to configure century link email with Outlook. You can make subtle changes to the steps as per your outlook version.
- First of all, you should run the outlook application and click on the “File” option from the top.
- After that, you have to click on the “Account Settings” button.
- Open the “Email” tab and click on the “New” button.
- Click on the “Internet Email addresses” followed by “Next”.
- Then, you should enter the following information.
- Your Name: Enter your complete name
- Email address: Provide your Centurylink email address.
- Choose the “POP3” option that is available under the “Account type” and provides incoming & outgoing mail server information as illustrated below.
- Incoming email server hostname: pop.centurylink.net
- Incoming email port: 993
- Outgoing email server hostname: pop.centurylink.net
- Outgoing email port: 143
- Under the “Login Information”, you should provide the following details.
- Email: Provide your centurylink.net email address
- Password: Enter the password of your Centurylink email account.
- Login with Security: SSL
- Now, you should test the configuration by clicking “Test Account Settings”.
- Finally, you may click “Next” followed by “finish” in order to conclude the setup process.
That’s all you need to do in order to configure centurylink email with MS Outlook. Now, you can Access Centurylink email on Outlook without any hassle.
Other Important Tips & Tricks
Here are some other helpful instructions that can assist you to configure your Centurylink email account on Outlook with ease.
- If you are unable to send/ receive Centurylink email on Outlook after the setup then you should recheck the information provided by you especially the server information.
- For hassle-free setup process you should not forget to check the option for remembering the login information.
- The steps we have mentioned in this post are for settings up Centurylink email on Outlook using POP3 settings. You can also opt for IMAP settings as well.
- In case you are unable to use Centurylink email on Outlook then you should contact Centurylink email support for further assistance.