Step to Configure Cox email for Outlook: Using Microsoft Outlook, you can easily access your Cox email account thus eliminating the need to open a web browser. You can open Cox email in Outlook and send and receive messages in a similar manner you do on a web browser. What you need for Cox email setup in Outlook is the Cox account address and password and the right server settings.
The setting process is very simple but only if you know the correct process to do that. Even a small error in any configuration step can lead to failure of the complete process. So, to help the users in successfully linking their Cox email account with Outlook, we have provided the right steps in this article. Here, we will configure Cox email using POP settings.
Requirements for Cox email setup on Outlook
Few things you need to keep ready before you proceed towards setting up Cox email on Outlook are mentioned below:
- Stable internet connection with good internet speed
- Complete Cox email address and account password
- Incoming and outgoing server settings for Cox setup
Server settings for configuring Cox email on Outlook
The following are email server settings required for configuring Cox email on Outlook:
|POP / IMAP||pop3|
|SSL (security) incoming||None|
Steps to configure Cox email on Outlook
It is quite easy to setup Cox email on Outlook just by changing certain settings in your Outlook. The step-by-step tutorial for linking Cox email account to your Outlook is provided below. Follow these steps exactly as explained to successfully add Cox email to Outlook. Make sure you have the important pre-requisites (as given above) ready with you beforehand.
Step 1: Open your Outlook and go to the File tab.
Step 2: Now, click in the category information Account Settings.
Step 3: Go to ‘New’ and tap on the ‘Email’ tab.
Step 4: Next, switch on Server Settings and select ‘Next’.
Step 5: Select Internet Email Addresses and click on ‘Next’.
Step 6: Enter the following data in the user data:
- Your name: Your full name
- Email Address: Your complete email address with domain
Step 7: Under Server Information, select pop3 in the box ‘Type Account’ and provide the following information:
- Incoming email: pop.cox.net
- Incoming port: 110
- Outgoing email: smtp.cox.net
- Outgoing port: 25
Step 8: Under ‘Login Information’ enter the following information:
- Email: Your complete Cox email address
- Password: The password of your Cox email account
- Login with security: None
Step 9: Click on ‘Test Account Settings’ to run an automatic test to check if the settings are correct.
Step 10: After test runs successfully, click on ‘Next’ and select ‘Finish’ to complete the configuration process.
Now, the Cox email is setup and you can send and receive Cox messages through your Microsoft Outlook.
Precautions for setting up Cox email in Outlook
Some things you need to keep in mind while adding Cox email to Outlook are provided below:
- Make sure that the server settings you enter are the same as the one provided. Any incorrect settings can lead to failure of Cox configuration.
- Enter your Cox email account address and password correctly.
- In case your internet speed is low, you will not be able to configure Cox email on Outlook. Make sure that your internet speed is good.
- If you have any important offline Cox emails saved, do not forget to take their backup. There is a possibility that the configuration process may delete the data that was saved earlier.