Step to Know How to Configure Icloud In Iphone, iOS devices or Mac or Windows: Apple provides cloud-based storage space to its users in the form of iCloud. You can easily setup iCloud with iPhone and store all your important data such as photos, files, videos, etc on cloud. A storage space of 5 GB is provided automatically when you configure iCloud with iPhone and you can also upgrade it according to your requirements. The other plans include 50 GB, 200 GB or 2 TB storage space and you can upgrade and downgrade them anytime you want, as per your needs.
Adding iCloud to your iPhone device not just provide you with the space to store your data but also keeps them safe. Even if you change your device, you can easily access your data from iCloud in your other devices. More than this, iCloud can also find and protect your iPhone from theft. So, if you are wondering how to setup iCloud with iPhone and avail the numerous benefits that it offers, keeping reading this post.
How to Configure Icloud In Iphone?
Setting up iCloud in iPhone involves two basic steps- first is signing in to iCloud and then choosing what data you want to sync with iCloud. Follow this tutorial step-by-step for successful configuration of iCloud in your iPhone device.
Signing into iCloud
The steps for signing in to iCloud are given below:
- Open your device settings and tap on ‘sign in to your iPhone’.
- You will see ‘iCloud’ option in place of ‘sign in to your iPhone’ if you are using an older version of iOS.
- Now, your default Apple ID and password will appear on the screen.
- In case you do not have an Apple ID, click on ‘Don’t have an Apple ID or forgot it?’ to create one.
- Click on the ‘sign in’ button and the signing in will start automatically.
- You will be prompted to enter your device pass code to identify your identity.
- Select the ‘merge’ option if you want to merge the data stored on your device with your iCloud account. If not, choose ‘don’t merge’.
Setting up iCloud
Once you are successfully signed in to your iCloud account, follow these steps for setting up iCloud:
- Open device settings and select the Apple ID through you have signed into iCloud account.
- Click on ‘iCloud’ to see the list of the apps which you can sync to iCloud like photos, calendars, contacts, etc.
- Now, tap on the data you want to sync with iCloud.
- The slider will turn green which means the specific data is now syncing.
- Here, you can also turn on the option of ‘find my iPhone’ to locate your device in case it is lost or stolen.
- Scroll down to go to ‘iCloud backup’ and turn it on to create a backup of all your important data.
- Return to setting page by clicking on your Apple ID or on ‘Settings’.
- This completes the process of iCloud configuration in iPhone.
- It is mandatory for the user to have an Apple ID for iCloud setup. If not, you will have to create an ID first.
- Of course, an active internet connection is also required as you won’t be able to perform any of the given steps in its absence.
- The steps to setup iCloud with iPhone can also be used for configuring iCloud with your iPad device.
- You will also be given the option to upgrade the storage plan while setting up iCloud in iPhone and you can select whichever plan you like.
- The users are advised to run the latest version of iOS in their iPhone device.
- The Apple ID that appears by default on the screen during iCloud sign-in is the one you use with iTunes, App Store, etc.