Unable to send and receive email to Cox server
Sending and receiving problems in email can undoubtedly create trouble for you as all your work related to email service gets interrupted. The problem can happen in a number of email services be it Cox email or any other email giant. Cox email is also prone to the sending and receiving errors, through this post, users will get to know how to fix “unable to send and receive email to Cox server”. The problem can arise due to a number of reasons be it improper email configuration, slow speed of internet, compromised account, server issues among others. When you cannot get the basic function of Cox email i.e. unable to send or receive emails then the situation can create problems for you if not solved on time. To get the proper resolution of this problem, follow the instructions given in the post.
Reasons of sending/receiving issues in Cox email
Before knowing the solution, you should understand the reasons of occurrence of the problem where you cannot send or receive mails in Cox email. Identify your situation and follow the course accordingly-
- Poor internet connectivity
- Improper email configuration
- Server-side problem/ Outages in area
- Email storage space got exhausted
- Incompatible web browser
- Antivirus or other 3rd party software creating interference
- Incorrect IMAP/POP settings
- Large-sized attachment in the email
The reasons stated above are just a handful among others. However, you should keep a few things in mind before we begin the basic troubleshooting steps to get rid of “unable to send and receive email to Cox server” issues.
Reasons behind problem in sending emails in Cox server
- Slow speed of internet
- Device not connected to the internet
- You are blocked by the receiver or you have blocked the receiver
- Incompatible web browser
- Account got compromised
- You are sending an attachment which exceeds the limit
Reasons behind problem in receiving emails in Cox
- Blocked the sender unknowingly
- Browser not supporting Cox email
- Problem with the internet connection
- Incoming emails are landing in trash folder instead of the primary/inbox one
- You have exhausted the storage capacity of email
- Problem at sender’s end
Troubleshooting steps for sending/receiving error in Cox email
It’s high time to know the solution for “cannot send or receive emails in Cox email” problem. Follow the instructions given below to get your Cox email fixed-
- Check the connectivity: First and foremost, you need to check if your device is connected to the internet and getting a stable speed. In case, the speed is too slow then you might encounter delay in sending or receiving email from/in Cox. Make sure to turn off the router and then restart it. If you are still not getting enough speed, then contact your internet service provider.
- Use compatible web browsers: While a majority of web browsers works fine with email services, there are some browsers that do not work well with some email services. If you’re using an incompatible browser to send/receive email in Cox, then you need to switch to other browsers such as chrome, Firefox, safari, etc.
- Check for outages in the area: In case there are network outages nearby then you might face difficulty in sending and receiving emails. In this situation, you need to wait for a while until the network issue is sorted.
- Check the following IMAP/POP settings: Make sure that the given settings are configured correctly in your Cox email account-
- Go to the settings
- In Cox server settings i.e. pop.cox.net, make sure that the incoming POP port is set to 995
- Now in the SMTP server settings, ensure that TLS is set to port 587 and SSL to 465.
- If the settings are different then, you need to set the stated ports manually and save the settings.
- Compromised account: In case you cannot send or receive messages in Cox and are encountering suspicious activities in your account, then you need to change the account password immediately. If your account is compromised already, then contact the Cox customer support to get back the access to your account so that you can send and receive emails in it.
- Clear the cache and cookies in web browser: Sometimes the cache and cookies stored in web browsers can cause the email to stop functioning properly. The method to delete cookies and cache varies accordingly. Here’s how you can delete the cache and cookies in Chrome-
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click on the three dot icon.
- Click “More” tools followed by “Clear browsing data”.
- Choose the time range of the data to be deleted. To delete everything, select “All time”.
- Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
- Click on the “Clear data” button.