How to Find Out Missing Email and Missing Contact in Yahoo?
The situations can be utterly frustrating when you log in to your yahoo account to find out that emails in yahoo inbox went missing mysteriously. Well, if you are facing this kind of problem then you should know that you are not the only one. There are many Yahoo mail users who face this type of issues on quite a regular basis. Apart from the emails, many users also ask queries like my yahoo contacts disappeared or missing Yahoo contact etc. If you are sure that you haven’t deleted the emails or contacts then it is very easy to find out missing Email and missing Contact in Yahoo.
This tutorial is intended to help those users who can’t access their important emails and contacts in Yahoo. Here we will provide you with the step by step methods to find out Missing Email and Missing Contact in Yahoo.
Why your Yahoo Email and contact is gone missing?
Before we move on the steps to find out missing email and missing contact in yahoo, it is important that you know why you are facing such problems. Generally, we can list the following primary reasons for a missing email or contact in Yahoo.
- Email moved to any unexpected folder such as spam or trash.
- Email or contact deleted by an application (If you are using Yahoo on a different app such as outlook, thunderbird etc. using IMAP or POP).
- Someone else deleted the email or contact after hacking the Yahoo account.
How to find out Missing emails in Yahoo if you haven’t deleted them?
The Yahoo mail recovery is quite easy if you are sure that you haven’t deleted the email. It indicates that your email went missing only because it moved to an unexpected folder. In such a case you can restore Yahoo mail back by following the steps given below:
- Sign in to your yahoo mail account using a compatible device and browser.
- Look for the emails in the spam and trash folder.
Note: The spam and trash folders never show in the search result. So, you should check these folders manually.
- Search for the subject or sender name of the email using the search bar available at the top. This should find out the missing email in Yahoo inbox.
- If the problem continues then you should try the advanced search using the steps given below:
- Go to the search bar available at the top and click on the “Search Options Icon”.
- Now, scroll down and click on the “Advanced Search” option appearing at the bottom of the list.
- Provide your search criteria (How you want to search missing email)
- Finally, click on the “Search Mail”.
If the email you are looking for is in your inbox then you will surely find it out through the advanced search. In case you can’t find it then it is highly probable that your Email is deleted.
How to restore deleted Email in Yahoo?
After you delete an email in yahoo it doesn’t get deleted straight away. It has moved to the trash folder from where it gets permanently deleted in a few days. Here, is how you can restore Yahoo email from the trash folder.
- First of all, you have to open the Trash folder in the Yahoo Mail. You can simply open the trash folder from the left-hand side panel of your Yahoo mail account home screen.
- Choose the email you want to restore back to your inbox.
- After that, you need to click on the “Move” icon available in the bar at the top of the emails.
- Select the “Inbox” option from the drop-down menu that will appear.
This will simply move the emails back to the inbox.
How to recover permanently deleted emails from Yahoo?
The Yahoo mail recovery can be utterly complex if the email is deleted permanently. By permanently deleted we mean that the email is no longer available in the trash folder as well. In such a situation, you need to send a restore request to the Yahoo. You can do this by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, you must download all the emails you received in your Yahoo mail account in the past 2 days. Otherwise, you may miss those emails as well.
- Now, go to Yahoo mail website and open the “Yahoo Mail Restore Help Form”.
- Click on the “Send a Restore Request” button.
- Select the reason why you are looking to send a restore request using the drop-down menu. In the present situation you should select “Mail: Accidentally deleted messages on webmail”.
- Choose the time range under the "When did you last see the missing messages?" option.
- Provide your yahoo mail id at the prescribed field.
- Enter an email ID to which you have access currently.
- Fill the captcha code and click on the “Create request” button
There are a few things you should know about sending a restore request on Yahoo Mail.
- The restore request once sent cannot be cancelled.
- The Yahoo mail restoration is not always successful.
- Emails can only be recovered if they are deleted within 7 days.
- The emails successfully recovered will be restored back in the same folder in which they used to be before getting deleted.
How to Restore Missing or Deleted Contacts in Yahoo Mail?
You can face a lot of inconvenience in case your yahoo mail contacts not showing up when you need to send an important email. Here is how you can recover the Yahoo contacts.
Recover Yahoo Mail contacts individually
You should note that you can restore a Yahoo mail contact only if it is deleted within the last 14 days.
- Open your Yahoo mail account and click on the “Contacts icon”.
- Then, go to the left-hand side column and click “Deleted Contacts”.
- Choose the Yahoo contact you are looking to restore.
- Now, Click on the “Restore Contacts” or “Restore” button to add them to your Yahoo contact list once again.
- Finally, click on “Done”.
Restore your entire Yahoo contacts list
As soon as you restore your yahoo contacts list to a previous date you can lose your recent contacts. That’s why you should restore your entire Yahoo contacts list only if it is necessary.
- Open Yahoo mail account and click on the “Contacts icon”.
- Click on “Actions” and choose “Restore from Backup” option.
- Now, you have to select a date to which you want to restore your contacts.
- Finally, you need to click “Restore”.