Recover Google Account through https//g.co/recover
If you are a bit of tech savvy or using the internet from a long time then you might know the advantages of a Google account. To use all the services of Google like Gmail, drive, YouTube, G Suite etc. it is mandatory to have a Google account. But, what if you lose access to your Google Account? Well, it is not rare for Google users to lose access to their Google Account. It can happen in many situations like when the user forget Google password, Google account getting hacked etc. To assist its users in such situations, Google has a dedicated account recovery page at https//g.co/recover.
We must not forget that Google is very strict as far as privacy and security of its users are concerned. It will never let you access a Google account unless you prove that you are the legitimate owner of the particular account. Through the recovery page at https//g.co/recover, you can prove your identity to Google and get back the access to your account.
How is the URL https//g.co/recover useful for us?
This URL is meant for Gmail password recovery or you can say the recovery of your complete Google account. Generally, we can compile the three situations where this link is immensely helpful for us.
- Forgetting the Gmail Password: To keep the account safe, it is recommended to keep changing Gmail password regularly. Many a time, a user forgets the password after changing it. Users can reset Gmail password through the https//g.co/recover link quite easily.
- Forget Google username or Forget Gmail ID: If you are not using your Gmail account regularly then you may find it difficult to remember what your Gmail email address was. In such cases, it is a smart idea to visit the Google recovery page and get your email address or username back.
- Gmail ID hacked: In case you suspect that someone else is accessing your Google or Gmail account. Then you can change the password and revoke the access to the hacker through this link. We can say that this the most critical situation in which this link can help you.
If you are in any of the above-mentioned situations then you will be unable to log in to your Gmail or Google account.
How to retrieve Google password through account recovery page?
Let’s have a look at the methods by which you can reset Google account password. Please note that it is not possible to retrieve the exact password that you were using earlier. You can only reset the password and create a new one. The steps given below explain the complete procedure.
- To begin with, you should visit the official account recovery page of Google through https//g.co/.
- Then you have to enter your Gmail Email ID. Alternately, you can enter the phone number associated with your Google Account.
- Click on the “next” button.
- After that Google will ask you to enter the last Google password you remember.
- Enter the last remembered password or click on the “Try another way” link available at the bottom of the page.
- Then, Google will send a verification code to your recovery phone number or email ID.
- You need to copy that code from your phone or secondary email address and paste it at the prescribed space at recovery page.
- If you don’t have the password recovery options added to your account then you need to answer the security questions. Google security questions are the general questions related your Google account like when did you created your Google account, from which location you use your Google account frequently etc. You should try to answer them as accurately as possible.
- You can create a new Google password quite easily after entering the verification code.
- You will have to wait for about 3-5 days if you choose to recover your Google account through the security question.
What if I forget Google Username or Email ID?
Apart from the password, you can also get your Google username and Email ID back through the https//g.co/recover page. In order to do that you should follow the steps given below:
- Visit the Google Account recovery page and click on the “Forgot Email?” link.
- After that, you should enter the phone number or alternate email ID associated with your account.
- Then, you need to enter your first name and last name. Click on the “Next” button after entering your name.
- Now, Google will ask permission to send you verification code on your phone number. Click on the “Send” button to grant permission.
- Enter the verification code that you will receive on your recovery phone number.
- Your Gmail email address will appear on your screen as soon as you enter the verification code.
- After knowing the email address you may recover the password through http//g.co/recover page as mentioned above.
How to get a Hacked google account back?
If you suspect that someone else is using your Google account then you can get your account back with ease using the https//g.co/recover link. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to do so.
- Visit the Google Account retrieving or recovery page and provide your email address.
- Verify your identity by entering verification code through your alternate phone number or email id.
- Create a new Google login password.
- Please note that if the hacker has changed your account recovery phone number or alternate email id then you need to contact Google for support.