The general perception is that Gmail should work perfectly with chrome because both of them are the products of Google. Up to some extent, it is true that the overall performance of Gmail is very good with Google Chrome. However, many a time, Gmail also shows some errors and issues in Google Chrome as well. The most common problem that is reported by a lot of users is Gmail not loading in chrome. There is no fixed reason that is solely responsible for this problem. The users can face difficulties in loading Gmail on chrome due to a lot of different reasons.
Nonetheless, if you can’t load Gmail on Google Chrome then this post can help you a lot. Here, we will take you through the steps to fix all kind of problems that you may face while opening Gmail on Chrome.
Basic troubleshooting steps to follow if Gmail not opening on Chrome
Before we move on and discuss the advanced solutions to fix Gmail isn’t loading in chrome issue, you should check the basic troubleshooting instruction given below:
- Sometimes, just a simple restart is enough to get rid of the most complicated problems. So, the first that you should do if Gmail not loading on chrome browser is restart your device.
- Open Gmail on any other browser and see if you are still facing the same problem. If Gmail works fine on the other browser then it confirms that the problem is with your Chrome browser.
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of Chrome. Follow the steps given below in order to check if there is an update available for your Google Chrome browser.
- Run Google Chrome and open menu by clicking on the three vertical dot icon from the top-right corner.
- Move your cursor over the “Help” option that will appear in the drop-down menu.
- Select the “About Google Chrome” option from the menu that will open.
- Google Chrome will update automatically if there is an update available.
- Clear the cache and cookies of Google chrome and check if this resolves the problem you are facing. Follow the steps given below if you don’t know how to clear Chrome cookies and cache.
- Launch Google Chrome and open “Menu” (Three vertical dots) icon from the top right corner.
- Click on the “more tools” option from the drop-down menu that will open.
- After that, you should click on the “Clear Browsing Data” option.
- Select the time range of which you want to clear the browsing data. To delete all the data from the starting you need to choose “All Time”.
- Make sure the boxes against “Cache images and files” and “Cookies and other site data” are selected.
- Finally, click on the “clear data” button.
In case the problem continues even after following all the above-mentioned steps then you should follow the advanced solutions.
Advanced solution to Gmail not loading in Chrome issue
Here the advanced solutions that you should follow if your Gmail emails aren’t loading on Google Chrome.
1st Solution: Run Google Chrome in private or incognito mode.
Many a time, it is observed that incognito mode can open such websites in Google Chrome that you are unable to open normally. That’s why you should try to open Gmail in incognito mode if you are unable to open in normal mode. Here is how to run chrome in incognito/ private mode.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click on the menu button appearing on the top-right corner. The menu button is the three vertical dots icon.
- Click on the “New incognito window” button from the drop-down menu. This will open the incognito/ private mode.
- Alternatively, you can press Ctrl+ shift+ N button after open chrome to open incognito window directly.
2nd Solution: Disable the add-ons and extensions from the Chrome browser.
The add-ons and extensions installed on your Chrome web browser are also responsible why Gmail won’t load in Chrome on Windows 10 properly. That’s why it is recommended that you should disable these extensions and add-ons if you are unable to open Gmail on Chrome. You should try to open Gmail after disabling extensions one by one. This will let you know the problematic extension.
3rd Solution: Check Gmail Labs.
Another method to fix Gmail issue on Chrome is disabling the labs one by one. Follow the steps given below if you don’t know how to disable labs in Gmail.
- First of all, you should open Gmail labs through the direct link – https://mail.google.com/?labs=0.
- Click on settings from the top right corner of the app.
- Choose settings and open the “Labs” tab.
- Disable all the labs one by one.
- Finally, go to the bottom of the page and click on the “Save Changes”.
4th Solution: Reset Google Chrome.
In case Gmail not loading in Chrome even after disabling the labs then you should reset Google Chrome. Here are the steps by which you can reset the chrome browser with ease.
- Run Google Chrome and click the menu icon from the top right corner of the screen.
- Choose “Settings” followed by “Advanced”.
- After that, you should go to the “Reset and Clean up” section and click on “Reset”.
- Finally, you need to confirm by clicking the “Reset” button one more time.
Note: you should note that resetting the browser will reset your homepage, pinned tabs, site data, content settings, cookies, themes etc.
Gmail should work fine after following the advanced solution mentioned above. However, in case the problem continues then you should contact Gmail support.
Other Gmail Problems with Solutions
- Technical Help for Why does Gmail not open in Chrome?
- Right Solution to Fix How do I fix Gmail problems?
- Fix How do I open Gmail in Google Chrome?
- Why is my Gmail not loading on my Iphone?
- Tips to fix Why is my Gmail not loading on my Iphone?
- Step to Gmail Password Recovery
- Technical Help for How To Hide And Show Labels In Gmail?
- Right Way to Fix Gmail IMAP folders not showing in Outlook 2016
- Right Solution to Gmail Not Sending And Receiving Emails
- Technical Tips for How to fix Gmail not working on iPhone
- Technical Tips for Solved Gmail Stopped Working