Step to Fix Gmail not working on iPhone or Gmail Has stopped working On Iphone.
The reason why Gmail is so popular is its amazing simplicity and ability to work on almost every device be it a computer, laptop or smartphone. At the same time, we must not forget that none of the email services is absolutely error-free. More often than not, we have to face a problem with Gmail as well. If you are an iPhone user having a Gmail account then you can face different issues in using your Gmail on an iPhone. Nevertheless, most of these problems are quite generic and can be resolved by following some basic troubleshooting steps.
In this tutorial, we are going to show you the correct steps that you should follow in case your Gmail not working on iPhone. Additionally, we will also discuss the reason why Gmail keep stops working on an iPhone.
What Are The Different Gmail Errors And Issues On Iphone?
There are a lot of errors and issues that a Gmail user has to face every now and then. Some of these issues are given below:
- Unable to sign-in to Gmail on iPhone.
- Gmail not sending email on iPhone.
- Gmail not opening email on an iPhone.
- Not able to add Gmail on my iPhone using IMAP/ POP.
- Receiving a lot of spam emails on Gmail.
- IMAP server stops responding while setting up Gmail on iPhone.
- Gmail server not responding.
- Can’t connect through SSL.
- Gmail not receiving emails on iPhone.
These errors are listed only for example purpose. In fact, there many more errors that you can face while using Gmail on the iPhone.
Why Gmail stopped working on iPhone 2019 ?
Here are some of the most common reasons why Gmail is not working on iPhone for so many users.
- Using Gmail from an unusual location: Many times, you may face Gmail login errors while trying to use Gmail from an absolutely new location. This happens because of the Gmail security feature which always tries to protect your account.
- Using incorrect Login ID and password: This one is obvious; you will surely face a Gmail sign-in error if you enter a wrong email address or password.
- Incorrect IMAP or POP configuration: If you use Gmail via “Mail” app of your iPhone then it is necessary that you use correct IMAP/ POP settings. In case you use an incorrect POP/ IMAP setting then you may face an error.
- Your Gmail account is blocked: This happens due to suspicious activities from your Gmail account.
- Gmail account is hacked: If you are sure that you are entering the correct username and password and you are still facing login errors then it is quite possible that your account is compromised.
What to do if Gmail not working on iPhone?
Here are the steps that can help you if your Gmail account not working on an iPhone. Remember these are progressive so you should move on the next step only if the previous step fails to resolve the error.
Step: 1 – Check Internet Connectivity
First of all, you should make sure that your iPhone has proper internet connectivity. To check if the internet is working on your iPhone, you should open a website through the safari browser.
Step: 2 – Reset Gmail Password
In case your Gmail password not working on iPhone then you need to reset it. Open Gmail on the web or app and run Gmail password recovery in order to create a new password.
Step: 3 – Remove and add Gmail on iPhone
If you are able to log in properly but facing a problem in sending and receiving Gmail messages then you should remove Gmail from iPhone and add it again. Here is what you need to do.
- Tap “Settings” followed “Account & password”.
- Choose Google and tap “Delete Account”.
- Again go to the “settings” and tap “Account & Passwords”
- Choose “Add Account” and select “Google”.
- Keep following the instructions that will appear on your screen in order to set up Gmail on iPhone once again.
Step: 4 – Verify your iPhone access through Gmail webmail
The steps to verify your iPhone user access on Gmail are as follows:
- Visit Gmail.com on a web browser.
- Log in to your Gmail account using your username and password.
- Look for the email having the subject line “We blocked a sign-in attempt” or “Someone has your password”. If this kind of email is there in your Gmail inbox, then you need to open it and click “That Was Me” or “Review Your Devices Now”
Step: 5 – Check Google.com recent activity
Log in to your Gmail account and click on your profile picture available at the top right corner. Scroll down to find ‘Device activity & security events”. Check the recently used devices and refresh Gmail on iPhone. This should fix the problem you are facing.
Step: 6 – Perform a Captcha reset
If your Gmail stops working then you can also fix the problem by resetting the captcha. Follow the steps illustrated below in order to do that.
- First of all, visit the CAPTCHA reset page.
- Sign-in using your Google login credentials.
- Now, you should go back and try to log in to Gmail again.
Step: 7 – Make sure IMAP is enabled
You should also ensure that IMAP access is enabled in your Gmail account.
- Open Gmail using a web browser and click on the settings (Gear icon) available at the top right corner.
- Choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu that will appear.
- Open “Forward and POP/IMAP” tab.
- Click on “Enable IMAP” radio button available next to the “IMAP Access” option.
Step: 8 – Reset Network Settings on iPhone
If all the above-mentioned steps fail to fix the problem and still your Gmail not working on iPhone then you should reset network settings. Here is how to reset Network settings on iPhone.
- Open “Settings” from the home screen of your iPhone.
- Select “General” followed by “Reset”.
- Now, tap on “Reset Network Settings”
- Then you will need to enter iPhone passcode.
- The network will reset after entering the passcode.
In case your Gmail email account is not working on iPhone even after following all these steps then you should report the problem to Google.