Steps to Gmail Password Recovery Process
Nothing can be more frustrating than not being able to access your email account when you are expecting a very important email. The most common reason why many Gmail users find it difficult to log into their account is forgetting the Gmail password. As Gmail account can be the center of most of your online activities it is very important that you recover Gmail password if you have forgotten it. The importance of Gmail password recovery raises even more when your Gmail account got hacked.
Whether your Gmail account is hacked or you just can’t remember your Gmail password, it is very easy to run the Gmail password recovery. All you need to do is follow the simple steps mentioned in this tutorial and recover Gmail password seamlessly
How to recover Gmail forgotten password?
If you have a secondary email address or recovery phone number added to your Gmail account then you can recover Gmail password with ease. Follow the steps given below to recover Gmail password with alternate email id or phone number.
- First of all, you need to visit the official login page of Gmail.
- Provide your email address at the prescribed space and click on “next”.
- Click on “Forget Password” link when you receive prompt to enter the password.
- Then, Google will ask you to enter the last remembered password.
- Enter the last password you remember or else click on “Try another way” from the bottom of the window.
- Now, Google will ask how you want to receive the verification code i.e. either via a recovery phone number or alternate email address. Provide your choice and click on “Next”.
- Enter the code received on your phone number or alternate email id.
- Enter the new Gmail password for future login as per your preference.
- Finally, confirm the new password by entering it one more time.
Your Gmail password recovery is now complete. You can check your new login password by signing out of Gmail and again signing in using the new password.
Gmail Password Recovery without a recovery phone number or email address
If you don’t have a recovery phone number or alternate email id added to your account then things can be a bit difficult for you. In such a case you should follow the instructions given below to recover your Gmail account.
- Firstly, visit the Gmail login page.
- Enter your Gmail Email address and click on “Next”.
- Click on “Forget Password” link when you will be asked to enter your Gmail password.
- Click on “Try another way” when Gmail will ask you for your last remembered password, recovery phone number or email id.
- Now, Google will ask you some question related to your Gmail account.
- Answer the questions to the best of your knowledge.
- Google will review your answers in next 3 to 5 days.
- If your answer seems legitimate then Google will let you reset the Gmail password.
This is a slow and not a sure-shot method of Gmail password recovery. That’s why it recommended that you should update your recovery number and email id regularly.
Questions that Google may ask you
Google is very strict when it comes to the security of its users. It will never let you access your Gmail account unless you prove your identity. Here are the questions that Google may ask you to prove your identity.
- What is your frequent location to use Gmail?
- When you have created your Gmail account?
- Frequently used devices to use Gmail etc.
Please note that there are dozens of possible questions that Google may ask. You should try to answer each question correctly. Remember, Google never bend rules for anyone, you need to provide the correct answer to recover Gmail password.
Tips for a Good Gmail password
After proving your identity, Google will ask you to reset Gmail password and provide a new one. Here are the specialties that a Good Gmail password should have.
- The password should be at least 8 characters long
- Never use the same password for your multiple accounts. Your Gmail should be unique.
- Never use your guessable personal information as a password for example - your nickname, your child name etc.
- Don’t use common sequences such as 1234 or QWERTY etc. in your password.
- Don’t set a password that is too tough for you to remember otherwise you need to run Gmail password recovery once again.
- You can also use a password manager tool if you are not good at remembering the passwords. To more Information Contact Gmail 800 Number