Steps to fix the “cannot add Google to internet accounts” issue, Google Account Not Working with Mac 2021
Mac users often face trouble when Google account stops working with MAC “internet accounts”. The problem usually occurs when you update the Mac OS Sierra to the latest version. Users can spot the grey window with only “cancel” option available when they try to sing-in into your Gmail account. The grey window keeps on appearing over and over again when you click on the “cancel” button. If you are also encountering “MacOS Sierra Internet Accounts Google login stuck” problem, then this post will help you in resolving the same in the easiest manner possible. All you need to do is follow the instructions step by step as explained and you’ll get rid of the login problem quite hassle-free.
Important instructions Google Account Not Working with MAC 2020
Here are some key points you must remember before jumping to the resolution. In case the following methods do not work for you, then feel free to go through the steps provided in the post for complete resolution.
- Make sure that IMAP is enabled on your Gmail account
- Update your email client to the latest version
- Sign-in using App password, if you have enabled 2 step verification
- In case you have not enabled the 2 step verification process, then you need to allow less secure apps to access your account.
- If you’ve recently changed the password of Gmail account, then use the new password to access Gmail on Mac devices.
- There might be some problem with the wifi modem. Make sure to get it checked from a technician to resolve the issue.
Steps to fix the “cannot add Google to internet accounts” issue
To get rid of “Google account not working with Mac internet accounts” issue, you need to go through the steps mentioned below-
Step 1: Enable IMAP on Gmail account Today
Here is the process to check if IMAP settings are enabled in your Gmail account or not-
- Login into your Gmail account using the email id and password.
- In the top right corner, you need to click on the gear icon representing the settings for Gmail.
- Now click on the “settings” option.
- Go to the “Forwarding and POP/IMAP” tab and select the “enable IMAP” option in the IMAP access section.
- Click on the “save changes” button to save the changes you’ve recently made.
Step 2: Clear your Google account from keychain access
- Open the keychain access.
- Locate google and delete the entries from it.
- Go to the internet accounts in order to add google account related information again.
Step 3: Remove MacOS from your Google account
To remove MacOS Sierra from your Google account, you need to follow the directions as stated below-
- Open google.com in your web browser and login into your Google account.
- Go to the “my accounts” tab and go to the sign-in and security tab to select “connected apps & sites”.
- Now you need to click on the “manage apps” tab and then select the OS version you have.
- Click on the “remove” button present next to the option to remove Mac from your Google account.
- You are then required to logout and add google info again using MacOS.
Step 4: Add other accounts in internet accounts
In case you want to sync your Gmail account in Mac devices only, then you can add other accounts in internet accounts. The process to add other accounts is given below-
- Open the System Preference option and then select the Internet Accounts.
- Click on the “add other account” to add the said account.
- Select the email account you want to add and then enter your Google account and password.
- Enter the following Incoming Mail Server settings-imap.gmail.com.
- The Outgoing Mail Server should be set to: smtp.gmail.com.
- Hit the “sign in” button and then click on the “done” button.
- Additionally, if you want to sync other contents associated with Google such as calendar, contacts, notes or messages, you can set up your Google account within these apps separately.
For more help and troubleshooting guidance, contact the customer service by dialing the Gmail customer support number available all over the internet.