Google Drive not loading in Chrome
Google Drive is a cloud-based file storage and synchronized service which offer free storage space of up to 15 GB. Google chrome doesn’t require any kind of introduction when it comes to web browsers. As both of these products are from Google it is expected that both of them will work awesomely with each other. Although it is true that chrome and Google drive are fully compatible with other still there are many problems that can occur while loading Google drive in chrome. The most common reason why users have to face ‘Google drive not loading in chrome’ Not Responding, Not Opening, issue is having weak and interrupted internet connection.
Whatever is the reason if your Google drive not loading in Chrome then you may not have the access to some of your important files. In such situations, this article is going to help you a lot. Here, we will discuss the main reasons behind this problem and the steps by which you can fix it.
Why Google Drive not working in Chrome?
As stated earlier, weak internet connection is the most common reason why users have to deal with Google drive problem in chrome. However, this is not the only reason. There are many more situations that can result in Google Drive not loading in chrome issue as given below.
- Using an outdated version of Google Chrome.
- Accumulation of way too many cache and cookies in the browser.
- Trying to load a file that is too big and exceeds the permissible size limit.
- Using chrome in a device that is not compatible.
- Antivirus and firewall settings stopping Google drive from loading.
How to fix Google drive problem in Google Chrome?
No matter what the reason is, if your Google Drive not loading in Chrome it causes a fair bit of trouble. Here are the steps you should follow in order to get rid of the problem.
1. Wait for a while and try to open the file sometime later
- If you are facing the problem with a "Temporary Error (502)” message then you should reload Google drive after waiting for a while.
- Check Google Status in your area, if there is a server outage then you should wait till the outage gets fixed.
2. Make sure you are connected to a fast and uninterrupted internet connection.
- In case the error message appearing on your screen states “Trying to connect” then the problem is with your internet connection for sure.
- To fix this problem, you should try to connect using another network.
3. Check operating system requirement.
The Google drive is only compatible with the following operating systems.
- Windows: Windows 7 and later versions (excluding Windows Server editions)
- Mac: Yosemite (10.10) and later versions.
- Linux: Synchronization and Backup aren’t available in the Linux operating system.
4. Try to use the latest version of Google Chrome.
- Google drive works best with the 2 latest version of Google Chrome. If you are using an older version then you should update chrome.
5. Clear Cache memory of your Google Chrome browser.
- Run chrome and open menu (three vertical dots icon) available at the top right corner.
- Click on “More tools” followed by “Clear browsing data”.
- Select the time range for which you want to clear the data.
- Check the boxes against “cached images and files” and “cookies and other site data”.
- Finally, click the “Clear data”.
6. Try to trim down the size of your files
- If the size of the files exceeds the limit then Google drive many not load properly.
- You may compress the size of the files and try to reload Google drive again.
7. Try another view.
- Sometimes, the problem occurs only due to loading drive in a non-compatible view.
- You should try to load Google drive in different views such as “All Items”, “Owned by me” etc.
- Remember, different view works for a different device. So there is no fixed view that will definitely work for you.
8. Check your Antivirus software and windows firewall & proxy settings.
- Due to security concerns, your antivirus or window firewall & proxy settings can also block access to the Drive.
- You may disable your antivirus and firewall settings temporarily to fix such issues.
What if the problem continues?
We hope that you will be able to fix the problem after reading the above-mentioned steps. However, if the problem continues then you should do the following things.