“Google search not working on pc, google search not working on android, google search not working windows 10, google search bar not working on pc, why is my google search not working?, google search engine not working, google won’t display search results, google search not working on mac. Get Solution for How to Fix Google Search not working Today: Instructions to resolve Google search not working problem on Google Chrome, Android, IOS, Iphone 2021”
Over the period of time, Google has become the synonym of a search engine. It is the most admired search engine in the world. However, it doesn’t mean that it is completely immune to all the errors and issues. Actually, there are many possible issues which can stop Google search from working properly. It is not possible for a user to remember the URL of all the websites. So, if your search engine i.e. Google not displaying search results then you can face a fair amount of inconvenience.
The problem in Google search can prevail in almost every device be it a computer, android phone, iPhone etc. Nonetheless, if the Google search or Google app not working on your device then we recommend you to follow the steps mentioned in this tutorial to troubleshoot the problems with ease.
Why Google Search stopped working for you?
Before going through the steps to fix such problems, you should check the reasons why Google search don’t display result or work properly.
- Problems with the web browser: If your Google search engine not working on PC then it is highly possible that the problem is with your web browser. You can face problems in using Google search on browsers like chrome, firefox, internet explorer due to different reasons.
- Windows firewall and Antivirus causing problems: Sometimes, your windows firewall settings or your antivirus can also stop you from using the Google search.
- Google App needs an update: Most users access Google search through Google App. If your Google App is outdated then you can face a problem in using the Google search engine.
- An issue with your internet connection: Slow and interrupted internet connection is also a common reason why Google doesn’t provide a search result.
- A virus or malware infection in your device stopping you from accessing Google: This one is less likely but still possible. If there is a malware infection in the device you are using then it may stop you from using Google search.
How to fix Google search isn’t working problem Today ?
The process to resolve the issues in Google search depends on whether you are using it on a PC or mobile. Let’s discuss the resolution of the problems on a computer first.
Steps to fix Google search not working on PC
In case your Google search engine is not working on Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or any other browser then you should follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you should check your internet connection. If you are not connected to the internet then Google search will not work properly.
- Make sure that the browser on which you are using Google is compatible. For best results, you should opt for browsers like Chrome, MS Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari.
- Clear the data of your browsers including cache, cookies, search history, temporary files etc.
- Update your browser if you are using an outdated one.
- Reset Google Chrome or other browsers you are using. You may also consider the option of switching to another browser.
- If the problem continues then you may also reset your Windows Firewall settings.
- Run a deep virus scan on your PC using a good antivirus application.
Note: If you are a Google Chrome user then create a new user profile in chrome can also help you.
Instructions to resolve Google search not working problem on Android
The following two error messages can appear when your Google App not working on Android or iPhone and eventually not showing the search result.
- The request was not performed because there was no connectivity.
- Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped working.
Follow the steps given below to make Google app to work properly once again.
- Firstly, you need to ensure that your phone is not on airplane mode. Airplane mode turns off wifi and mobile network resulting in no internet connectivity.
- Then, make sure you are connected to the internet either via wifi network or mobile data connection.
- Restart your Google app. Follow the steps given below if you don’t know how to do that.
- Open settings in your smartphone.
- Tap on the “Apps/ Application Manager” option available under “Device”.
- Choose “Google App” from the list of all available apps.
- Finally, tap on the “Force Stop” button and then “Ok”.
- Try to search again after restarting Google app, if Google search is still not working then you should restart your device.
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of Google app. If an update is available then you should install it immediately.
- Similarly to the browser, you can also clear the cache of the app. Follow the steps given below to clear the Google App cache.
- Open settings in your android/ iPhone.
- Then, open Apps/ Application Manager under the “Device” option.
- Choose “Google App” from the list of applications.
- Go to the “Storage”/ “Cache” option and tap on the “Clear Cache” button.
Note: Clearing app cache should fix the Google search stopped working issue. Additionally, you should note that doing this will not delete any permanent file in your app. However, all your temporary data will vanish.
- Finally, you can opt for clearing Google App Data. Please keep in mind that you should go for this option only if all the steps discussed above fail to resolve the problem. Here is how you can clear Google App data with ease.
- Open settings on your Android phone.
- Then, open “Device” and tap on the “Application Manager”/ “Apps”.
- Choose “Google App”.
- After that, you need to Tap “Manage Space” under the “Storage” option.
- Finally, tap on the “Clear Google Search Data”.
The Google Search should work absolutely fine after clearing the Google App Data.
Other Important Points to remember
- You should remember that clearing Google App data will permanently delete all the files and settings saved in the Google app. That’s why you should clear App data only if rest of the steps fails to fix the problem.
- Please note that some problems get fixed by themselves. So, if the problem continues then you should follow the troubleshooting steps after a few hours.
- Never forget to restart your device after making major changes to the settings. This will ensure that the changes you make will get saved.