Hotmail Lost /Forgot Password Recovery Support Number
Among the different features that Hotmail offers, account recovery is the most outstanding one. In case you 24 hours Live Hotmail Password Recovery Number due to any this-that reason and now are not able to sign in to your account, you can very easily reset it. You can simply reset Hotmail password using your alternate email id or phone number. Or, if you do not have access to those, you can recover your account using the recovery form. in this article, we have provided you the different ways in which you can reset password for www.Hotmail.com account. Additionally, you will also find the tips to make your account and its password more secure.
Reset Hotmail password
There can be different reasons as to why you Online Hotmail Password Recovery Number Support . May be you have changed it recently and now you are not able to recall it or your account has been compromised. If due to any reason you are not able to login to your Hotmail account, you can reset your password support by following the steps given below:
- Go to the ‘reset your password’ page.
- Select the appropriate reason why you wish to reset your password (forgot password in this case).
- After that, click on ‘next’.
- Enter your Hotmail account email address you have to recover.
- Next, enter the characters you see on the screen and select ‘next’.
- A one-time code will be sent to the alternate phone number or email address.
- Enter the code on the next screen to generate a new password.
Hotmail Live password reset on Windows 10
Follow the instructions given below to reset Hotmail password on Windows 10:
- Enter your www.Hotmail.com account name on the sign-in screen.
- Click 'I forgot my password' link right below the password text box.
- ‘Recover your account’ screen will appear.
- Enter the code as shown on this page in the text box and select ‘next’.
- Now, select how you want to get security code- text or email.
- Submit the last 4 digits of four phone number to get the code as SMS.
- As soon as you enter the code, ‘reset you password’ screen will appear.
- Create a new password, and then select ‘next’.
Error in getting security code
Sometimes, you might face trouble in getting access to the security code sent on the alternate phone number or email address. In such a case, you need to click ‘I didn’t get a code' or 'I don’t have access to these' links. You will then have to fill a security questionnaire.
- In the questionnaire, basic information such as date of birth, credit card details, etc will be asked. You will also have to provide and verify an email address to get updates about your account recovery. After providing all the details as asked, you can submit the questionnaire.
- As you submit your questionnaire, it will be sent to the support team for review. The review will take around 24 hours to complete. In the meantime you can create a free temporary email.
- After successful verification of the form, you will get the instructions to recover your account.
- If the verification fails, you can keep trying to fill the form correctly. However, this facility will only be provided twice a day.
Things to keep in mind while filling the security questionnaire
- Choose the domain name correct (hotmail.com in this case).
- Try to answer as many questions as possible.
- If you are not sure about any question, skip answering it.
- Only fill the questionnaire using secure internet connection and device (preferably use your personal connection and device, if possible).
Note:You will not be able to use the recovery form if two-step verification for your account is turned on
Incorrect password message due to two-step verification
Turning two-step verification on can provide extra security to your account. But, at the same time it can lead to incorrect password error in some apps and devices. This is due to the fact that the apps and devices are not updated to prompt you for a security code. In this case, you will have to use an app password instead of a regular password.
How to generate app password?
Follow these steps to generate a new app password for your two-step verified Hotmail account:
- Visit the ‘security basics’ page and sign in to your Hotmail account.
- Choose ‘more security options’.
- Select ‘create a new app password’ under ‘app passwords’.
- A new app password will be generated on your screen.
- Use this app password instead of your general password to log into your account.
The ‘security basics’ on an android phone can be found in the app under Settings.
- Go to Menu > Settings and select your Microsoft account.
- Under ‘Server settings’ select ‘Incoming settings’.
- Select ‘Security basics’ to get an app password.
If you are using an iPhone, you can find the ‘security basics’ under Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and select your Microsoft account.
On a blackberry phone, go to ‘setup’, choose ‘email accounts’ and visit 'security basics' to generate app password.
On a Windows phone, open ‘settings’ and select ‘email + accounts’. Select your Microsoft account and visit 'security basics'.
Tips to create a strong password
To ensure the security of your account, it is very important that you create a strong password. Check below some tips that can help you in creating a strong password for your Hotmail account.
- Your password should include at least one capital letter, one small letter, one number and one special character.
- It must be unique so that if one account is compromised, the other accounts are safe.
- Avoid using personal information such as name, date of birth, etc as your Hotmail password.
- Do not use a simple single word as your password. Combinations make passwords difficult to be predicted.
Other helpful tips for safe account
- Never share your password with anyone, not even with the Hotmail support members.
- Always use trusted device for signing into your account.
- Update your security information to make account more secure.
- You can also use Microsoft Authenticator phone app to sign-in to your account without a password.
Manage your security information
Security information means alternate email address or phone number that you add to your account. This security info is quite helpful when you Hotmail Password Recovery or its security is compromised. Therefore, it is suggested that you add security info to your account and always keep it up-to-date. This can also be used to verify your identity if you are trying to access some sensitive personal information.
Steps to add security info:
- Go to the ‘security basics’ page and login to your account.
- Select ‘update info’ > ‘add security info’.
- Follow the instructions to enter your alternate email id or phone number.
- A security code will be sent to the alternate email id or phone number.
- Enter the security code and select ‘next’.
- Your new security information will appear in your list. visit To know more Hotmail Support Phone Number