Solve: Unable to login to Hotmail account, I can't login to my hotmail account, Troubleshooting problems signing into Hotmail
Hotmail was an email service which was later merged with Microsoft Outlook. You can no longer create a new Hotmail account. However, if you already have a Hotmail account, then you can log in to your Hotmail account through MS outlook. Due to this transition, many users have to face different Hotmail sign-in errors and issues. The most common reason why many Hotmail users find themselves unable to login to Hotmail account, I can't login to my hotmail account, Deleted Hotmail account now cannot log into Windows 10, How to sign in to or out of www.hotmail.com is forgetting the Hotmail password. If you have also forgotten your Hotmail password then you need not to worry at all because the process of Hotmail password recovery is quite smooth and straightforward.
List of Hotmail Login Problems with solutions
- I can't login to my hotmail account
- Troubleshooting problems signing into Hotmail
- Deleted Hotmail account now cannot log into Windows 10
- Hotmail sign in problems
- Step to Fix Unable to create Hotmail Account
- I can't access my Hotmail account –
- Not able to Log into www.Hotmail.com
- When you can't sign in to your Microsoft Hotmail
- How to sign in to or out of www.hotmail.com
- Hotmail and Outlook down, or login problems
- Why can't I access my Hotmail account?
Recovering a lost Hotmail password is quite simple. Having said that, forgetting the password is not the only reason why you have to face different Hotmail login issues. In this tutorial, we will cover the step by step method you should follow in order to fix Hotmail login problems.
Why you are not able to log into Hotmail?
As stated earlier, forgetting the Hotmail password is not the only reason why you may have to deal with Hotmail sign-in errors. Here are some of the various other factors that can also cause the Hotmail login/ sign-in issues.
- Using Hotmail on a browser that is not compatible.
- Hotmail/ outlook services may be down in your area.
- Your Hotmail account is blocked by Microsoft.
- Add-ons and extension in your browser stopping Microsoft to load properly.
- Software conflict due to the antivirus or windows firewall settings.
- Incorrect MS outlook/ Hotmail settings.
- Hotmail Login problems/Hotmail live sign in problems
- Your device might not be compatible with the Hotmail.
- You might be missing some important MS office or windows update
- Problems with two-step verification
Irrespective of the reason, if you are not able to log in to your Hotmail account then you can miss the important emails.
How to fix Hotmail sign in problems?
In case you are facing trouble logging into your Hotmail id then you should follow the steps given below one by one to get rid of the problem. Remember you should not skip any of the following steps.
Step -1: Check Outlook service
- You can log into Hotmail through the outlook only.
- You should check the Microsoft server and make sure that they are not down in your area.
Step – 2: Check your web browser
- Secondly, you should check that you are using the correct internet browser in order to sign into Hotmail.
- You should also clear the cache and cookies of your browser. The method to clear the cache and cookies is different for all the browsers.
- The third party add-ons and extensions can also be the reason behind the problems you are facing in order to log into your Hotmail account. You should disable these add-ons and extensions one by one and see if the issue persists.
Step – 3: Check the password
- In case you haven’t forgotten your email ID, then you should make sure that Caps lock is turned off because the Hotmail password is case sensitive.
- Make sure that you are not making any typing error in your email id.
- In case you haven’t logged into your Hotmail account from last 365 days then the account is deleted and cannot be retrieved back.
- In case you forget Hotmail password then you should run Hotmail password recovery by following the steps given below:
- a. Go to Hotmail login page and click on “sign in”.
- b. Provide your Hotmail email id.
- c. Click on the “Forgotten my password” link when asked to enter the password and click on “Next”.
- d. Enter the captcha code and click on “Next”.
- e. Wait for the recovery code that system will send to your account recovery phone number or email id.
- f. Now, create a new password.
- g. Check the new password by using it to log into Hotmail.
- h. Your Hotmail password recovery is now complete.
- i. In case you don’t have a recovery option such as phone number and alternate email id added to your account then you can recover your account through the security questions.
- j. In case you are unable to recover your Hotmail account using security questions then you should get in touch with the Hotmail support.
Step – 4: Hotmail account might be blocked.
- Microsoft is quite concerned about the security of its users. As soon as it detects any suspicious activity in your Hotmail account, it will block it straight away.
- You can unblock Hotmail account by proving your identity to the Microsoft.
- You should contact Microsoft support in case you find it difficult to retrieve your blocked Hotmail account.
Step – 5: Device and location
- In order to keep your Hotmail account safe, Microsoft keeps a close watch on the device and location you use in order to log into your Hotmail account.
- If you suddenly change your device and location then you might face some log in problems.
- You can get rid of this Hotmail login problem by using the location and device that you usually use in order to log into Hotmail.
How prevent Hotmail login problems in the future?
You may follow the instructions given below in order to keep Hotmail login problem at bay in the future.
- Make sure you keep the password in such a way that you can remember it easily.
- Always keep recovery options such as alternate email ID and phone number added to your account.
- Don’t forget to update your recovery phone number and alternate email id in case you change them.
- Don’t give the untrusted applications and games access to your Hotmail account.
- Use a trusted password manager if you are not good at remembering passwords.
- Don’t use the same password for multiple accounts.
- Never share your Hotmail account verification code with anyone under any circumstances. Hotmail Support