A Complete password recovery process for AT&T and SBCGlobal mail
Every popular email service remains the primary target of the hackers and online scammers. This is the main reason why it is often recommended that users should keep changing their password to keep their account safe. Similar is the case with AT&T email, although the website is quite safe it is recommended that AT&T email users should change AT&T password regularly. The process to change AT&T email password is very simple, it just needs few clicks and you will be able to reset AT&T Email password. However, the method to reset AT&T Email password can be a bit complex as well if you can’t remember your current password.
If you are also facing problems in resetting Yahoo AT&T email password then this tutorial is just for you. All you need to do is follow the steps mentioned in this post and change AT&T password with ease.
Things to know before Changing Yahoo AT&T Email password
Here are some important points that you should keep in mind before moving on to the steps to change AT&T Email password.
- Remember, if you have an Access ID associated with the AT&T email id then the password for both att.net and att.com will remain the same.
- In case you change the password either for att.net or att.com, the changes will be applicable for both.
- Even though AT&T is merged with Yahoo.com, you can use AT&T email address to change the password.
- The steps to reset password are same for all of the following domains - @sbcglobal.net, @nvbell.net, @att.net, @ameritech.net, @flash.net, @prodigy.net, @pacbell.net, @swbell.net, @wans.net, @bellsouth.net, @snet.net.
How to change AT&T Email password if you know your current password?
It is very undemanding to change the password of an AT&T Email account if you know your current password. All you need to do is follow the steps mentioned below and reset the password effortlessly.
- First of all, go to the “my AT&T” login page and sign-in using your email ID and current password.
- Open your AT&T sign-in info.
- Choose “Change Password” link.
- Enter your current password.
- Then, provide your new AT&T password for future login.
- Confirm by entering new AT&T password once again.
Note: While changing the AT&T Email Password, you can also change/ update the recovery phone number and email address as well.
That’s all you need to do in order to change AT&T Email password in case you know your current password. Now, let’s move on to the steps to change AT&T password if you don’t know your current AT&T email password.
How to reset AT&T Email password if you don’t know your current password?
Sometimes, in all the hassles of changing the email password regularly, you may forget AT&T email password. In such cases, you need to recover AT&T Email account by resetting the password. Here is how you can do it.
- Go the AT&T Email account login page.
- Click on the “Forgot Password” link.
- Provide the required info such as your user ID and last name.
- Enter the captcha code that will appear at the bottom of the screen and click on “Continue”.
- Now, you can retrieve AT&T Email password, either via security questions or temporary password.
- (a)In case you choose security questions then AT&T will ask you the questions that you have selected while creating the AT&T account.
- (b)If you select the temporary password then AT&T will send a temporary login password on your registered mobile number
- Enter the answers to the security questions or verification code received through the recovery phone number/ email id.
- Finally, provide a new password for future login.
You can check the new login credentials by logging out once and then log in again using the new password.
Tips and Guidelines for a new AT&T Email password
You may face some difficulties while entering new AT&T password for future logins. Here are the things you should note while providing a new password.
- The password should be 6 to 24 characters long.
- All the characters should not be letters or numbers.
- The password can contain an Uppercase letter, lowercase letter, number, underscore(_) or hyphens (-)
- Please note that the passwords are case sensitive. It is recommended that you should turn off the caps lock before entering the password.
- Never use easy-to-guess information as your AT&T email password.
visit for more Configure your Yahoo account with Outlook, Hacked Yahoo Mail Recovery, Yahoo Temporary Errors, Yahoo Receiving Error, Yahoo Mail Sending Error, Manage Yahoo Spam Filters