How to Change Password in Outlook Web App?
Microsoft Outlook web app is a popular information management application that is used by a lot of organizations managing email servers running Exchange server 2010 or 2013. This application includes an email client, contact manager, calendar, task manager etc. In order to sign-in to the outlook web app, you need to run it on a web browser using the URL provided by the person who manages emails on behalf of your organization. After that, you need to enter your username and password to complete the sign-in process. You can change the password in outlook web app whenever you want.
The process to change login password in outlook web app is quite easy. However, you should know the current Outlook web app password in order to do that. If you are also looking to modify password in Outlook web app then you should keep reading this post. Here, we will illustrate the most convenient method to change password in outlook web app.
What are the things to know before you change Outlook web app password?
Here are a few important things that you should know before moving on to change Outlook web app password.
- Please note that here we are going to discuss the method to change Outlook web app password. If you are using Exchange server 2016 or Office 365 then you should look for a method to change outlook on the web password.
- In case you connect your Outlook web app account to your phone then you also need to update Outlook web app password in the settings of your phone as well. Otherwise, the passwords will not match and you won’t be able to log in.
- Similarly to the phone, you also need to update password in email clients such as Mozilla Thunderbird or Apple mail if you are using one.
How to change password in outlook web app effortlessly?
It is time to check the steps you need to follow in order to the change the Password in Outlook web app.
- Firstly, you need to run a web browser and enter the URL provided by the person who manages emails in your organization. This will open Outlook web app straightaway.
- Then, you need to log in to Outlook web app by entering current username and password.
- After logging in, you should click on the “Options” button available at the top right corner of the Outlook web app.
- Now, move on the left hand side of the App and click on the “Settings” button.
- Click and open the “Password” tab.
- Then, type in your previous password along with the new password at the prescribed location.
- Click on the “Ok” button.
- Wait for Outlook web app password change confirmation message to appear. The confirmation message will tell you that the password change is successful.
- Finally, click on the “Ok” button and log in using the new OWA password.
Your password is now successfully changed. Some users also complain about the issues like I have forgotten my outlook web app password then what I should do. Well, in such cases you need to reset Outlook web app password after running Outlook web app password recovery.
Note: In some rare cases, you might not be able to change OWA password using the “option” page. In such a situation, you should contact outlook web app help and support team.
Characteristics of a good outlook web app password
To safeguard your Outlook web app account from the online security threats, you should create a new Outlook web app password very carefully. You should always keep the following thing in your mind while selecting a new password.
- The length of an Outlook web app password should be at least 8 characters.
- The OWA password should have a good mix of capital and lower-case letters.
- Always try to use a good combination of alphabetical letter and number while creating an Outlook web app password.
- You must also use symbols within your password. Adding them makes it difficult for the hackers to trace down a password.
In case you encounter an error while you change password in outlook web app then you should contact Outlook web app support.