iCloud Password recovery
If you are an iPhone or Mac user then you probably have some idea about the importance of Apple ID and its password. Whether you want to buy iTunes music or access your iCloud email you have to enter your icloud id and password. But what if you forget your icloud Password someday? Well, forgetting an icloud password is quite common among the iphone or Mac users. Thankfully, Apple has provided very simple yet secure methods to recover a lost iCloud Password.
If you have also forgotten your icloud password then you can retrieve it effortlessly by trying the recovery methods mentioned in this tutorial.
Recovering iCloud Password on iPhone or IPad
If you are using an iPhone or iPad then you should follow the steps given below in order to recover the iCloud Password.
- Firstly, open settings in your iphone/ ipad followed by iCloud.
- Enter your Email address and tap on “Forget Apple ID or Password?” option from the bottom of the page.
- Enter your Apple ID.
- Now, you will be asked to answer the security questions.
- Answer the security questions to the best of your knowledge and you will be able to reset your password.
Recovering iCloud Password using “My Apple ID”
You can also recover the lost iCloud Password by logging into Apple’s “My Apple ID” page.
- First of all, go to appleid.apple.com.
- Click on “Forgot ID or Password?” option.
- Type in your Apple Id and click on “Next”.
- Now, you can retrieve your password either by answering the security questions or via Email.
- If you choose to recover password via Email then Apple will send you a link to reset the password on your backup email id. You just need to follow that link in the email and you will be able to reset the password.
- If you choose the answer the security questions, then you have to answer the security questions and provide your date of birth in order to the reset the password.
Recovering iCloud Password using two factor authentication
It should be noted that this method will work only if you have two factor authentication enabled in your account.
- Visit, iforgot.apple.com.
- Provide your Apple ID.
- Now, Apple will provide you two options to recover an iCloud Password. First one is through a trusted device and the second one is through your phone number.
- In case you choose the “Reset from another device” option then you have to open settings followed by iCloud in your trusted device. Then tap on “Password and Security” followed by “Change Password”. Now, you can enter the new password as per your choice.
If you choose to reset the iCloud Password through a Phone number then you will receive instructions to reset the password on your Phone number. Follow the steps given in those instructions and your iCloud password will be retrieved.