How to install PC Matic Antivirus?: Today, the internet is more important for us than ever before. With the ever-growing dependency on the Internet, it is very difficult to imagine how troublesome daily life can be if we can’t access the online services. It is also a fact that the virtual world of the internet has a dark side as well. It is full of malware and viruses that can create a lot of nuisances in your computer system. That’s why it is extremely important to have a capable antivirus like PC Matic installed in our PC. This article is just for you if you don’t know how to install PC Matic Antivirus.
You might know that PC Matic is also a system optimizing tool apart from being an antivirus. So, it can also help you enhance the performance of your PC/laptop. Here, in this tutorial, we will illustrate the step by step method of PC Matic Installation on a windows computer and Android.
What are the system requirements for PC Matic Installation?
We often come across a lot of users complaining about PC Matic Installation errors. Well, one of the primary reasons why such users have to deal with problems is that their PC isn’t fulfilling the system requirement. So, before initiating the PC Matic antivirus installation on your Laptop/ PC you should make sure it is fulfilling the following system requirements.
- Operating System
- Microsoft Windows XP, 7, 8 and 10
- Hardware Requirement
- Memory (RAM): 512 or greater
- Hard Disk Space: 1 GB or more
- Processor: 1 GHz or greater
- Video: Super VGA, 15-inch monitor, 800×600 resolution
- Internet Connection Requirement
- A broadband connection is highly recommended
- PC Matic Supports the following languages: English, Italian, Japanese, French, Portuguese, German, Spanish.
If your computer isn’t fulfilling the above requirements then you may have to face problems like PC Matic not working after the installation gets over.
How can I Install PC Matic Antivirus on a Windows Computer?
The process of PC Matic installation is very easy. You just have to follow the steps below in a proper manner.
- To start the installation process, first you need to visit the official website i.e. www.pcmatic.com/consumer on the laptop/PC in which you want to configure PC Matic.
- Click on the “Free Download” button followed by “Save” to download the setup file.
- Open the “Downloads” folder and run the setup file of PC Matic Antivirus.
- After that, you need to select the language in which you want to install the software.
- Next, you need to read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Keep following the prompt that will appear on your screen.
- Then, select the option to install a PC Matic Desktop icon. This will give you easy access to the PC Matic application.
- Finally, click on the “Finish” button to conclude the installation.
By following the above steps, you can add PC Matic to a computer with ease. However, you should restart your computer before starting to use PC Matic. You should also sign-in using the same email address and password that you have set up while purchasing PC Matic.
How to Install a PC Matic Antivirus on Android?
The PC Matic users can also protect their Android phones from online security threats by installing PC Matic on Android. Here are the steps that you should follow in order to set up PC Matic on Android.
- First of all, you should open the “Google Play Store” on your android phone.
- Next, tap on the search bar and type “PC Matic for Android”.
- Tap on “Search” and open the official PC Matic app from the result.
- Download and install the application on your Phone.
- Finally, log into your app using your existing PC Matic Credentials
What’s Next, After Installation?
Once you are done with Installing PC Matic, you should use it to scan your computer.
- In order to start your first scan, you should open “PC Matic” and click on the “Scan” button.
- Then, you will get various options available for scanning your computer/ laptop. Here, you need to check the scanning options as per your requirement. The options available are as follows.
- Disks Scanning
- Automatic Changes
Note: It is recommended that you should definitely check the Disks Scanning, Benchmarks, Malware and Automatic Changes options. Tick the box against “Remember these settings for future scans” to make PC Matic save your choices.
- After completing the scan, PC Matic will present you the result and changes it makes to your computer.
- Finally, you should restart your PC so that the changes made by the PC Matic get saved.
To keep your device protected against all the online threats and maintain its peak performance you should schedule the PC Matic scan. Follow the steps below to schedule a scan after installing the PC Matic antivirus.
- Open PC Matic and choose the “Master Scheduler” button from the top of PC Matic.
- You have to select the Master Scheduler button once again in the next window.
- Next, you need to choose the time, frequency and other parameters for the PC Matic Scan.
That’s it; you don’t have to do anything else your device is now completely protected by PC Matic Antivirus.