Changing your Email password regularly is very important in order to keep your email account safe. In case you use Mozilla Thunderbird to manage your multiple email accounts then you can use the password manager to save username/ password of every email account. The main benefit of saving the passwords in Thunderbird password manager is that it allows you access to all your email accounts under one platform. It is highly recommended that you should keep updating Mozilla Thunderbird password to keep your account safe.
In this tutorial, we will let you know the simplest method to reset Thunderbird password and keep all your digital communication safe.
Things to know before changing Thunderbird Password
Here are some important things you should know before moving on to change Mozilla Thunderbird password.
- Mozilla Thunderbird doesn’t support editing the saved password. You need to clear the previously saved password and save a new one.
- Before changing the saved password you should make sure that your Email accounts are perfectly configured in the Thunderbird.
- Changing the Thunderbird bird will only reset the password saved in Thunderbird password manager. It will not change the password of email service you are using.
How to reset Thunderbird Password?
It is quite simple to change Thunderbird Password. All you need to do is follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to log into your Thunderbird account.
- Click on “Tools” followed by “Options”.
- Choose the “Security” Tab.
- Open “Password” and click on the “Saved Passwords” button. This will open the saved password window.
- Choose the account whose password you want to change. Click on the “Remove” button to clear the previously saved password.
- Click on “Close” button.
- Now in the options window, you need to click on “OK” button.
- Exit Thunderbird and restart it again.
- Click on “Get Mail” button.
- You will be prompted to enter the password as soon as Thunderbird tries to access your account.
- Now, you can enter the new password.
- Finally, click on “OK”.
Note: Don’t forget to check the box against “Use Password Manager to remember this password” in case you want Thunderbird to save the password and enter it automatically each time you log in.
Some Tips to remember while updating Thunderbird password
- Mozilla Thunderbird is just a desktop-based email client. Changing Thunderbird password will not change the password of your email service like Gmail, yahoo etc.
- In case you want to change the password of your email service provider then you have to do so using a browser.
- It is not a smart idea to save your password in Thunderbird on a shared computer. Thunderbird will show all the saved passwords as soon as the user clicks on “Show password” button in the saved password window.
- You should not use any random third-party app to save your password. Thunderbird password manager is tried and tested application that keeps your password safe.
If you want to more information: Thunderbird Customer Service Number