Have you tried changing your Apple ID and tried to survive while iCloud tried to “log off” or remove the iCloud Apple Mail account on Mac OS X? If so, follow the steps below to exit iCloud. You can also update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iOS 9.3.
To start making changes to your account on an iOS device, simply go to the Settings app and scroll down to see iCloud. Press “Delete Account” to delete the iCloud account from Apple. To do this on a Mac, go to the System Preferences section and select iCloud, then press the “Exit” button. To resolve these sign-in problems on your Mac, look up the toll-free phone number for Apple ID support.
- Return your Apple ID to your old email address there.
- On your Mac, go to Settings -> iCloud and log in to your iCloud account again.
- Touch the Options button next to Keychain and make sure you have set a Security Code and Verification Number.
If you cannot sign in by following these steps, you can call the free Icloud customer service phone number and get technical support for the issue without any problems.
Temporarily change your Apple ID
To temporarily change your Apple ID, follow these steps:
- First of all, log in to your Apple ID account page.
- In the Account section, touch Edit, and then touch Change E-mail Address.
- Change your Apple ID to the email address that iCloud wants you to sign in to.
- Finally, log out of your account page.
See also Recovery Tips and Tricks for iCloud Password
Here are the steps you will use to sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
- On your iOS device, just click Settings> iCloud.
- Tap Sign out to confirm this sign-up and exit afterwards. If you are using iOS 7 or earlier, touch Delete Account and then touch Delete to confirm.
- Touch Delete from my device and enter your Apple ID password. If you are signed in to multiple devices with this Apple ID, repeat steps 1-3 on each device to resolve the issue.
- Then go to your Apple ID account page and sign in again.
- Change your Apple ID to the email address you want to use. You need to verify your email address.
- Finally, touch Settings> iCloud on your iOS device and sign in with your new Apple ID.
If these steps do not work, try temporarily changing your Apple ID again. Then log in to your Apple ID account page again to make sure your Apple ID has been changed. Read more: How to know Icloud password recovery?