Iphone Not Receiving Emails: Reasons for iPhone not receiving emails such as Problem with mail settings, Slow internet connection, Error at sender’s end, Authentication error & Syncing error How To Fix This, If you can’t send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, Why am I not getting emails on my iPhone, How to fix Apple iPhone X that cannot receive emails through, Can’t Send Emails on iOS (iPhone / iPad) but Can Receive, Not Receiving Emails on iPhone – How to Fix “Cannot Get Mail” Error on iPhone and iPad …?
Are you an iPhone Mail app user facing problems in receiving emails? There can be different reasons due to which you might face issues in receiving emails in your device. This can lead you to miss out some important emails. But, fortunately you can apply some troubleshooting measures to fix the problem. Slow internet connection, settings problem, syncing error, etc can be some of the reasons behind this.
This article describes the common reasons that might create this issue and focuses on the way to resolve them. If you are also facing the same problem, follow this article for the simple-step solutions.
Reasons for iPhone not receiving emails
iPhone provides its users ‘Mail’ app for sending and receiving emails. Certain problem may arise with this app, thus creating problems in receiving emails. The main reasons why you are not able to receive emails in iPhone are given below:
- Problem with mail settings: If your Mail settings deviate from the recommended setting, you might be able to receive messages.
- Slow internet connection: Slow internet connectivity is a major reason behind the ‘email not receiving’ error.
- Error at sender’s end: It is possible that the sender is typing your email address incorrectly or there are some other issues at his/ her end.
- Virus infection: It is also a possibility that your device is infected with virus due to which you are not able to receive emails.
- Issues with mail server: There can be service outage that may not allow your inbox to receive emails.
- Syncing error: If your application is not syncing properly, you will receive a ‘cannot get mail’ error.
- Authentication error: An email account logged in with an old password may not receive new incoming emails.
- Antivirus software blocking new emails: Sometimes, antivirus installed in the device starts blocking the incoming emails.
Common fix to iPhone not receiving emails
If you know the reason causing the error in receiving emails in iPhone, you might also be able to solve them. What you need to know is the right troubleshooting steps. Below here are provided certain ways in which you fix the email not receiving issue in iPhone.
Problem with mail settings
Make sure you do not accidentally set your email settings that land incoming emails in trash. Also, your Mail app settings and email account settings should be correct and same as the recommended one. Follow these steps to check the same:
- Go to Settings > Passwords & Accounts.
- Select the email account in which you are facing the problem.
- Click on your email address to see the account related information.
- In the Mail Settings Lookup tool, check the recommended settings for your email account and make sure that they are same as what appears on the screen.
- If the settings are not same, you need to contact your email provider or system administrator.
Slow internet connection
- Make sure that your internet pack is active.
- Airplane mode should be turned off for data pack to work.
- The internet connect should not be intermittent. To make sure you have a continuous connectivity, try opening a webpage in Safari.
- In case of any problem with your internet speed, try rebooting your modem or router to fix the issue.
Error at sender’s end
In case you are not receiving emails from a particular sender, tell them to check the following:
- They are not typing your email address incorrect or incomplete.
- Make sure that your sender hasn’t blocked you or vice versa.
- Sender should check if the outgoing emails are not going into their outbox due to slow internet speed or any other reason.
It is important that your iPhone Mail app is synchronized in order to receive incoming emails. To check whether your mails are synced properly, follow these steps:
- Go to the settings of your iPhone.
- Select Accounts & Passwords and tap the account which you want to sync.
- Search the options for email syncing and make sure it is turned on.
Antivirus software blocking new emails
Sometimes, an antivirus software installed in your device may block the incoming emails. To check if this is the reason behind your problem, pause your antivirus momentarily and send a test email to yourself.
Restart your Mail app
You can simply restart you application to see if this solves the problem. It may not sound a very effective idea, but it is found to work in most cases.
Restart your device
Sometime, a simple restarting of the iPhone can help in fixing the emails not receiving issue.
Update operating system
Another way in which you can fix the iPhone not receiving emails is by updating the operation system. The latest version might be able to fix software glitches or bugs that might be creating the issues in receiving email.
Sign out and in into your email account
It might happen that you have changed your password while using email account from another device and you are signed in the Mail app with the old password. In this case, it is possible that you may not receive new emails. To fix this problem, sign out from your account and then login again using the latest credentials.
Re-setup your email account
If nothing else helps, you can try deleting your email account and then adding it again.
To delete the account:
- Open the device Settings and go to Passwords & Accounts.
- Select the email account in which you are facing the not receiving problem.
- Now, click on ‘Delete Account’.
- A pop-up box will appear for confirmation. Select ‘Delete from My iPhone’ to remove the account.
To add the account:
- Go to device Settings and select Passwords & Accounts.
- Click on “Add Account’ and select the email account you want to add.
- Tap on ‘other’ if your email service provider does not appear in the given list.
- Enter your email address and password.
- Select ‘Next’ and wait for till your account is verified by Mail.
- Choose the email account information you want to see on your device.
- Click on ‘Save’ to set-up your account.