Make AOL HomePage & how do I make AOL my default search engine, How to set AOL as your homepage when using Google Chrome, Windows 10, Firefox?
How to Make AOL HomePage?: A homepage is the first webpage that appears on our screen as soon as we launch our web browsers. Most of us like to keep our most visited page as our homepage. At the same time, many of us also want a homepage that provides us direct links to important websites and also keeps us updated with the latest news and happenings. If you are also a similar kind of person then AOL can be a perfect home page for you. This post is dedicated to those users who are wondering how do I make AOL my default search engine?
You should read this article completely in case you are thinking about how do I make AOL my home page. Here, we will provide you with the easiest steps to do so in the most convenient manner.
How to set AOL as your homepage when using Google Chrome?
No web browser in the world seems to be competing with Google Chrome as far as popularity is concerned. It is the most used web browser on the planet with millions of active users. In case you are also a Google Chrome user and want to know how do I make AOL my homepage on Google Chrome? Then, all you need to do is follow the steps listed below.
- First of all, you need to launch Google Chrome by clicking on its icon.
- Next, you have to click on the menu icon from the top right corner of the browser. The menu icon resembles the three horizontal dots.
- After that, you must choose the “Settings” option from the drop-down menu that will open.
- Choose the “Search engine” option from the left-hand side panel that will open as soon as you click on the “Settings” icon.
- Then, under the “Search Engine” option, you have to click on the “Manage Search Engines” button.
- Finally, you are required to go to the left side of the browser URL and click on the three dots. Here, you need to choose the “Make by default”, “Add by default” options.
The steps we have mentioned above will make AOL your default search engine. However, these steps will not make it your homepage. To make AOL your homepage, you have to follow some different steps as listed below.
- To start the process, you need to visit the official AOL website i.e. aol.com.
- Click on the “Make AOL my homepage” option from the panel available at the left-hand side of the window.
- Next, you have to click on the “Add AOL to Chrome”.
- This will add an AOL extension to your Chrome browser and let you make it as your home page.
There is an alternate method also available to change the Chrome homepage to AOL as given below.
- Launch Google Chrome and open the menu by clicking on the menu icon from the top-left corner.
- Go to the settings from the drop-down menu that will appear.
- Then, open the “on startup” option.
- Next, you have to click on the “Set pages” button and enter “Aol.com”.
- Finally, click on the “OK” button to save the changes.
How do I make AOL my home page on Windows 10?
Windows 10 with an MS edge browser lets you change your homepage quite easily. Those who want to make AOL as their homepage on Windows 10 can go through the steps listed below.
- Launch MS Edge browser on your Windows 10 computer.
- Open the menu by clicking on the button available at the top right corner of the browser.
- Next, you are required to click on the “Settings” option from the menu that will open.
- Go to the “open with” section available under the “Import favorites from another browser” link.
- Select the radio button next to the “A specific page or pages” option.
- Click “Custom” from the next menu.
- Then, enter the URL of AOL i.e. http://aol.com/ in the specified space.
- Finally, you just need to save the changes.
You may now check and ensure that AOL is your current homepage of the Windows 10 browser.