MSN Lost /Forgot Password Recovery Support Number
If you are using the internet for several years then you must able to recall the time when MSN messenger was used to be one of the most prestigious instant messaging apps. Microsoft discontinued MSN in the year 2013 and shifts its users to its other messenger i.e. Skype. The MSN users can still log into their MSN messenger account using the same MSN user ID and password through the Skype. However, many users do find it difficult to continue their messaging through Skype when they forget MSN Password. To help such user, Microsoft has provided a simple and straightforward method of MSN Password recovery
Apart from the password, you can also recover your forgotten MSN user ID as well. However, there are a few things you need to take care in order to recover MSN Password/ User ID. In this post, we will take you through the steps to restore MSN password effortlessly.
How to recover MSN Password?
If you have forgotten your MSN password but remember the Microsoft username then you can run the MSN password recovery by using the steps given below:
- Go to the Skype online login page and click on “Sign-in”.
- nter your Microsoft user ID (MSN ID) and click on “Next”.
- Click on the “Forgot my password” button when asked to enter the password. This button is available under the “Keep me signed in” checkbox. This will open Microsoft “Recover Your Account” Window.
- Your Microsoft ID will be appearing on your screen. Here, you just need to click on “Next”.
- Now, Microsoft will offer you three methods to prove your identity.
- Sending verification code to your secondary email ID
- Sending verification code through a text message on your recovery phone number.
- Give a call on your account recovery phone number to send the verification code.
- In case you choose, call or text recovery phone number then you need to enter the last 4 digits of the recovery phone number. Alternatively, you can simply choose your secondary email ID.
- Choose the appropriate option and click on “Next”.
- No, enter the code received on your phone number or secondary email ID at prescribed space.
- Then, Microsoft you will permit you to reset MSN/ Skype password.
- Enter a new password to reset MSN password.
- Confirm the new password by entering it one more time.
- Finally, you may check the new password by logging in using the MSN ID and new password.
As you can see, the MSN password recovery is quite easy using the recovery phone number and email ID. But, what if you don’t have access to recovery email ID or phone number?
Recover MSN Password without recovery phone number or Email ID.
Recovering the MSN Password can be a bit complicated if you haven’t added a recovery phone or Email ID to your Microsoft account. In such a case you should follow the steps given below
- Go to the Microsoft “Recover your account” window by following the steps mentioned above in the MSN password recovery with a phone number or secondary email ID.
- Enter your MSN ID and click on the “Next” button.
- Click on the “I don’t have any of these” radio button as soon as you are asked to choose the method to receive the security code.
- Click on “Next” from the bottom of the window.
- Here, under the “Where should we contact you?” option, you need to enter your other contact email address.
- Enter the captcha code under the "Enter the characters you see" option and click on “Next”.
- Now, Microsoft will send a verification code to the contact email address you just entered.
- Enter the verification code and click on “Next”.
- Then, a questionnaire regarding your MSN/ Microsoft account will appear on your screen.
- Fill the questionnaire to the best of your knowledge.
- Finally, click on the “Submit” button.
Please note that you cannot recover MSN password through this method instantly. You need to wait for Microsoft to review your answer. Microsoft will get back to you with the link to reset MSN password if it is satisfied with your answers.
What to do if I Forget MSN ID?
We understand that if you are trying to log in to your MSN account after a long time then it can be quite difficult for you to remember the MSN ID. It is true that you can’t remember your MSN ID but Microsoft still knows that. In such cases you can recover MSN login ID by following the steps given below:
- Go to the Skype online/ MSN sign-in page and choose “Sign in with Microsoft”.
- Choose “Forgot my username” option.
- Enter the recovery phone number and alternate phone number associated with your MSN account.
- You will receive a security code on your recovery phone number or alternate email ID.
- Now, on the next screen, you will see all the IDs associated with the recovery phone number or email id provided by you.
Note: Some part of the usernames will be hidden due to the security reasons. You need to identify the correct ID.
- Finally, you can sign in using the correct ID if you are able to identify one.
You can also ask your MSN ID from any of your friend to whom you have sent an MSN message before.
How to make MSN Password recovery easy in future?
It can’t be guaranteed that you will not forget your MSN/ Skype password ever again. That’s why you should take the precautions given below so that you never have to face the problem in MSN Password recovery again.
- Make sure you add the verification phone number and email ID to your Microsoft account.
- It is important to change MSN/ Skype password regularly. However, you should keep a note of the password after changing it so that you remember it easily.
- In case you change your phone number then you should update the same in your Microsoft account.
- Activate two-step verification to keep the hackers at bay.