Office 365 Password Reset Issues and Resolutions
>MS Office 365 is an integrated group of applications and services offered by Microsoft. Many small to medium level organizations use this application suite for their proper workflow. As Office 365 also includes outlook which as emailing service, you must remember the username and password in order to use it. Like any other service that requires a password, Office 365 also have some common issues with the password reset. These types of issues generally arise when you can’t remember office 365 password or office 365 password expired and you face an error message while resetting the password.
>The good news is that there is an availability of office 365 password reset self service by which you can let your employees reset password of office 365 with ease. In this post, we will discuss office 365 password reset issues and resolutions for them with details.
How to reset Office 365 password for someone else?
>You can reset the MS office 365 password for the employees of your organization using your Office 365 admin account. Please note that the steps we are mentioning here are for the users using Office 365 business plan only. Follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to visit Office 365 admin center
- Then click on “Users” followed by “Active Users”.
- Choose the users for which you want to reset or recover Office 365 password.
- Click on the “Reset Password” button.
- Then, you can auto-generate or create a new Office 365 password manually.
- Keep following the instructions that will now appear on your screen to finish the process.
How to reset my office 365 Admin password?
>This is also one of the most common Office 365 password reset issues. Here, you should remember the following two things:
- You can reset Microsoft Office 365 admin password by yourself if you are able to log in. For example- you have the password saved in your web browser.
- In case you are unable to log into Office 365 admin account then you need to contact another global admin in your business to change Office 365 password for you.
Reset MS office 365 Admin password if you are able to log in.
- Run Office 365 and click on the settings gear icon from the top.
- Then, click on “Office 365” followed by “Personal Info”.
- Make sure that your alternate email and contact details are accurate. In case they are inaccurate then you need to update them.
- Click on your name appearing at the top-right corner and click on “Sign out”.
- Open the sign-in window and enter your username.
- Click on the “Forget password” link from the bottom of the sign-in window.
- Now, office 365 will verify your identity using the alternate contact info provided you.
- After verification, you will be allowed to create a new password.
>How can I Reset Office 365 password for all the employees in my organization at once?
>Many MS office 365 password reset issues can arise when you need to change password for everyone in your organization at once. You should follow the steps given below in such a situation.
- Firstly, you should visit the office 365 admin center.
- Then, go to “Users” followed by “Active Users”
- Select the checkbox appearing against the name of the people in your organization.
>Note: After selecting all the names, you should unselect yourself. You can’t reset your own Office 365 password at the same time while resetting it for others.
- Go the right-hand side panel of the page and click on “Reset Passwords”
- Then, you will be asked to auto-generate the password or create the password manually.
- Select the appropriate option as per your wish and click on the “Reset’ button.
>If you want to let your employees create their own personal passwords then you should check the box against “Make this user change their password when they first sign in” option.
>Note: The above mentioned steps are applicable only if you are looking to change Office 365 password for a few users. In case you are looking to change password for hundreds or thousands of users a one then you have to use Powershell for Office 365 administrators.
What to do if I Forget office 365 username?
>The instructions to retrieve office 365 password and username depends upon whether you are using office 365 for home or business as given below:
>Office for Home: The username associated with the office for home is the same email address you used while you purchase and activate MS office for the first time.
>Office for business: To know the username of Office for business you should contact your admin.
>We hope that this article helps you fix office 365 password reset issues and resolutions given here are easy to understand. However, if you are still facing an issue then you should contact MS office support.>