Outlook Email Stuck In Outbox
The MS Outlook is known for its amazing features and unmatched security. Usually, the emails in Outlook doesn’t get stuck at outbox. But, when it does it creates an utterly frustrating situation for the users. The situation can be even more irritating when you have to send an urgent email. When an outlook email stuck in Outbox it seems like a normal system hang but actually, it is far more complicated than what it seems. You should note that this type of problems can prevail in almost every device. It is very common to see users posting complaints like outlook email stuck in outbox iPhone, outlook email stuck in outbox android, mail stuck in outbox mac etc.
In this post, we will let you know why your MS outlook emails stuck in outbox and what are the steps you need to follow in order to fix such problems.
Why did Outlook Email Stuck in Outbox?
When an Outlook email gets stuck in the Outbox folder then it indicates that the email is not sent from your account even after clicking the send button. This issue can occur due to multiple reasons. Some of them are as follows:
- The size of the file attached to your email is crossing the permissible size limit.
- You are using MS Outlook in offline mode.
- There is some authentication problem with the MS outlook mail server
- You may be trying to view the email or message in Outlook when it is waiting to be sent.
- You have recently changed the password of your email account. Please note that you can’t send an email if the password of your email address doesn’t rhyme with the MS outlook password.
- The antivirus or anti-spam software you are using is scanning the MS outlook outbox folder.
- There is a technical error with the email you are trying to send through the MS Outlook.
- If you are using software that has access to your Outlook data files then an outlook email can be stuck in outbox folder.
In addition to these reasons, there are many more possible reasons that can cause such problems to occur.
Things to check before Troubleshooting stuck Email in Outlook Outbox
Before you make some changes in your outlook account to fix these problems, there are some general things you should check. Many a time, the problems can get resolved just by checking the general things as given below:
- Make sure that you haven’t crossed the hourly and daily limit of the number of emails you can send through Outlook.
- Contact Your Internet Service Provider and make sure it is not blocking the port you are using for the outgoing mail server.
- Make sure that the outgoing mail server settings you are using are correct. You can check the correct outgoing mail server settings from the official website of the webmail service you are using.
- If you are connected to a slow internet connection then you should ensure that there are no large files attached to your email.
- In case outlook email stuck in outbox with an error code then you should use Google search to find the specific solution for the error code.
How can I send Outlook email stuck in Outbox?
Here are the methods you may try to fix emails stuck in outbox outlook 2016 or other versions. Kindly, note that these methods are progressive in nature. You should move on to the next method only if the previous method fails to fix the problem.
Method: 1 – Open and close the stuck Outlook email
This is the quickest and easiest solution of all.
- Double - click on the outbox box folder in order to open it.
- Open the Outlook email stuck in the outbox folder.
- Close the email once again.
- Select the email and send it to the draft folder.
Now, you can now resend the email from the draft folder with ease.
Method: 2 – Work Offline
You can also try to fix the problem by running MS outlook in offline mode.
- If you are using MS Outlook 2007 or older version then you can work in offline mode by clicking on “File” and then “Work offline” option.
- In case you are using Outlook 2016/ office 365/ 2013/ 2010 then you can run offline mode by the following steps
- Go to the ribbon tab.
- Click on the “Send/Receive” button.
- Then click “Work Offline”.
- Now, restart MS outlook to check if you can delete the stuck email now.
Method: 3 – Use MS Outlook in Safe Mode
The MS Outlook safe mode will bypass your MS outlook account add-ons like an integrated virus scanner. Here, is how you can run MS outlook in Safe mode
- Keep pressing “Ctrl” key on your keyboard while you click the MS Outlook shortcut.
- Then, you will receive a dialogue box stating “You are holding down the CTRL key. Do you want to start Outlook in Safe mode?”
- After that, you just need to click “Yes” and Outlook will run in the safe mode.
- Now, similarly to the offline mode, you can delete the stuck email.
Method: 4 – Create a new temporary default PST-File
If all the above-mentioned methods fail to resolve the issues then you can force MS outlook to re-create the outbox folder. In order to that you need a new temporary default file. Just follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to create a new PST file by following the steps given below:
- Go the ribbon tab and click on the “Home” button.
- Then, click on “New Items” followed by “More Items”.
- Finally, click on the “Outlook Data File”.
Note: The steps given above are for the MS outlook 2010/ 2013/ 2016 only. If you are using MS Outlook 2007 or earlier version then you need to click on the “File” button and then “New” followed by “Outlook Data File”.
- Then, set the new PST file as the default data file in Your Yahoo Account settings
- Click on the “File” button and then “Account Settings”.
- Set the default data file through the “Data Files” tab.
- After that, you should restart the MS Outlook.
- After restarting, the original PST file will appear as the secondary set of the Mailbox folders. You can now delete the complete secondary outbox folder along with outlook email stuck in outbox.
- Finally, you can again set the original pst-file as the default delivery location by using the same method as mentioned above.
We hope that you will be able to fix outlook email stuck in outbox problem by using the methods given in this post. However, if you are still facing the problem then you should Contact Outlook Customer support.