Update/Change/Reset Outlook Password
In this digital age when technology & the internet is reaching every corner of the globe, the number of email users is increasing quite rapidly. Every day a lot of new Email Ids are created around the world. Outlook is one of premiere web-based email service providers
having a constantly increasing customer base. A lot of users from this rapidly growing customer base forget their Outlook password on a daily basis. This leads to a lot of inconvenience to users. Although the process of Reset outlook password recovery is fairly smooth, every now and then we can see different outlook users finding it difficult to get their outlook account back.
List of Outlook Password Recovery Related Problems with Solutions
- How do I recover my Outlook email password?
- How do I change my outlook.com password?
- How do I recover my www.outlook.com 365 password?
- How can I reset my hotmail password if I forgot it?
- I forgot the username or password for the account I use with www.outlook.com
- Forgot My Outlook Password Windows 10/8/7
- How to reset Outlook Password?
- Outlook Password recovery on Windows 10 Computer
- Unable to recover Outlook Password
- Steps to Unblock Outlook Account
If you also use Outlook as your main email service provider and facing problems in outlook password recovery Number then you need not worry at all. All you need to do is follow the most convenient steps mentioned in this post get your Outlook account recovered.
Things you may try before running Outlook Password recovery.
To recover the outlook password, you will need to reset your Outlook password. However, there are a few things that you may try before resetting the Outlook password.
- Check your password manager tool as it is possible that you might have saved the correct password there.
- The password of services like Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, and Xbox Live is the same, you may look for the previously saved password in these services.
- Make sure that the caps lock button is not active in your keyboard because the passwords are case sensitive.
How to reset Outlook Password?
If you don’t have a saved password and facing Outlook sign-in error then you should move on to reset outlook password for password recovery. Here is how you can do it.
- First of all, go to the official outlook login page and click on “Sign in”.
- Enter the email id for which you want to recover outlook password.
- Click on “Forgotten my password” when prompted to enter the password.
- Click on “Next”.
- Enter the captcha code appearing on the screen and click on “next”.
- Now, outlook will send the one-time security code to your alternate email id and phone number.
- Enter the security code received on your alternate email id and phone.
- Create a new outlook password for future login.
- Confirm the new password by entering it one more time.
That’s it, now your Reset Outlook password recovery is complete. You can check the new password by logging into services like Outlook.com, Skype, OneDrive, and Xbox Live.
Reset Outlook Password recovery on Windows 10 Computer
The process to recover outlook password is a bit different in Windows 10 PC as given below:
- Go to Windows sign-in screen and enter your Microsoft account name if it is not already displayed. In case you have multiple accounts on your PC then you need to choose the correct one.
- Click on “I forgot my password” link available below the text box. This will open the Outlook “Recover Your Account” screen.
- On this screen, you need to type the characters appearing in the box below the “Enter the characters you see” and then click on “next”.
- Now in the “Verify your identity” screen, you need to choose the way by which you want to receive your security code i.e. either by text message on phone or by the email on secondary email id. In case you choose the method of receiving security code by phone then you need to enter the last four digit of your phone number.
- Enter the security code you receive on your phone number or alternate Email ID.
- Create a new Outlook password for future sign-ins and click on “next”.
- Click on “Next” once again to return back to your log-in screen.
Tips to create a good outlook password
The users may follow tips given below to create a good MS outlook password.
- The outlook password should be at least eight characters long.
- The password should not contain your real name, username or company name.
- Try to make a password in such a way that it doesn’t contain a complete word.
- A good outlook password contains an uppercase letter, lowercase letter, symbols and numbers.
- Your new outlook password should be different from the previous one.
Unable to Reset Outlook Password
In some rare cases, you might be unable to get your Outlook account even after running Outlook password recovery. This may happen due to the following reasons.
- You may have two-step verification active your Outlook account.
- Your Outlook profile might be temporarily blocked by Outlook.
- The new password you are trying to enter might not fit the outlook standards
In such cases, it is recommended that the users should contact MS Outlook support for further instructions. Visit other Email password Recovery, To know Yahoo Password recovery steps, Hotmail Password Recovery, AT&T Email Password recovery, Sbcglobal Password Recovery. Visit Outlook Customer Service