Outlook Won't Accept My User Name & Password
Microsoft Outlook is a prestigious email client that can work as a convenient alternative if don’t like to access your email account through the email websites. It fetches emails from the servers and stores them in your computer system locally. This allows you to receive and send emails from your account within the email client application itself. In order to use Outlook properly, you need to configure it with your email username and password. In case an error occurs while entering your email username and password, you won’t be able to use Outlook. This kind of problem is quite common. Every now and then we can find users posting complaints such as Outlook Won’t accept my user name and password etc.
Although this problem is not unusual resolving it can be a nightmare for a few users. Nevertheless, if you are also facing similar kind of problems then you are at the right place. Here, we will let you know the proper steps that you may follow in order to fix such problems effortlessly.
Why Outlook Won't Accept My User Name & Password?
There are multiple possible reasons why outlook keeps asking for password from the users. Even though it is quite tough to list all the possible reasons there are some common causes as given below:
- You are not connected to a smooth Internet Connection: MS Outlook needs a steady internet connection in order to work properly. Many a time, users are not connected to a stable internet connection; therefore, Outlook can’t verify their password from the server. Eventually, they have to face problems like Outlook 2016 keeps asking for password and username etc.
- Doing a Typing mistake while entering Username and password: It is quite obvious that Outlook wont accept password or username that is incorrect. That’s why you should confirm that Caps lock button is not pressed in your keyboard before entering username or password.
- Your Email account is hacked: If you are sure that you are entering the correct password then it is also possible that your account is hacked by someone. In case the hacker changes the password, outlook app keeps asking for password that is set by the hacker.
- Problem with Outlook Application: It is less likely that a password problem may arise due to an issue in the Outlook Application. At the same time, many users have reported that Outlook Won't Accept My User Name & Password after updating the app. So, we can say that an issue in Outlook Application can also cause the sign-in problem.
What should I do if Outlook Won’t Accept User Name and Password?
Now that you know why Outlook 2016, 2013, Office 365 or Outlook 2010 not accepting password, you should check the steps to fix this problem. Given below are the most convenient steps you may try in order to resolve Outlook password not working or username not working issue.
Step: 1 – Check Your Internet Connection
Many times it is observed that outlook 2016 won't accept password for the users because it can’t verify the password from the server. In order to verify the password, it requires a stable internet connection. Here is how you can check your Internet Connection.
- Open a web browser and try to visit some web pages. If your web browser shows an error message instead of the web page then you should contact your Internet Service provider.
- In case the web page opens without an error then your internet connection is working fine and you should move on to the next step.
Step: 2 – Check the username and password.
Making a typo is the most common reason why Outlook app causes a login problem. Follow the steps given below if Outlook 2016 or Outlook 2016 not accepting password or username of yours.
- First of all, you need to launch the Outlook app from your desktop.
- Then, you have to open the “Tools” menu.
- After that, you have to click on “Accounts”, “Account Settings” or “Email Accounts” depending upon the version of MS Outlook you are using. This will open the Account Manager window.
- Click on the Account to which you want to gain the access. This will highlight the account.
- Verify the username entered in the prescribed field.
Note: The username is that part of your email id that precedes the domain. For example – if your email id is example@Gmail.com then your username is “example”.
- Also ensure that the correct password is entered in the right field.
- Make sure you check the “Remember Password”
Step: 3 – Make sure your Email account is not hacked.
In case your Email password is changed by someone without your consent then Outlook will not accept your old password. Check the instructions given below in order to deal with such situations.
- Firstly, you should try to log in to your email account through the website of email service you are using like Gmail, Yahoo mail etc.
- If you are sure that you are entering the correct password and still you are unable to sign-in then it is a clear indication that your password is hacked.
- You should run the password recovery in order to get your hacked account back. The process of password recovery is different for all the email services. You may visit the official website of email service you are using in order to know the steps for password recovery for that particular email service.
Note: You may also run password recovery if you forgot Microsoft account email password or the password of the email service you are using.
Step: 4 Check your Outlook Application
If your Outlook asking for password again and again even though you are able to log in to your account through the website then you should check your Application. Here are steps you should follow in order to fix Outlook application.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of MS Outlook application. If not then you should update it immediately.
- Repair MS Office program through the Control panel.
- Repair Your MS Outlook data files using the Inbox Repair Tool (SCANSPST.EXE).
- You may also try to log in once again after creating a new user profile in Outlook.
In some rare cases, users may still complain that Outlook won't accept my user name & password even after following all the troubleshooting steps. Well, in such a situation, it is recommended that users may contact Outlook Customer service.
How to prevent such problems in the future?
The prevention is always better than the cure. Here are some precautionary measures you should take so that you won’t have to face similar problems again in the future.
- Enter the correct user id and password in the Outlook app once and make sure to check “Remember Me” box. Don’t do this if you use Outlook on a public computer.
- Your password should be strong enough that no one can predict it. An ideal password consists of a tough combination of alphabets, numbers and symbols.
- You should never share your password or verification code with anyone under any circumstances.
- If you change the password of your email account then you should also update the same in your Outlook application as well.