Receiving Emails from Blocked Email Addresses in Yahoo
It is quite easy to block someone on yahoo mail. It is also the most effective method to stop unwanted emails from an annoying sender. But, what will happen if you start receiving emails from blocked email addresses in Yahoo? Well, this situation is not hypothetical at all. Many a time, it is observed that Emails from blocked senders can still reach Yahoo mail inbox. This happens when the senders use the forged sending email addresses.
Regardless of the reason why an email from a blocked address reaches the inbox, it can be quite frustrating to see nuisance of junk emails even after blocking the sender. This article can help you a lot if you are also receiving emails from blocked email addresses in Yahoo. Here, we will let you know why you are facing such an issue and what you can do in order to fix it.
Why you are receiving Emails from Blocked Email Addresses in Yahoo?
As we have mentioned earlier, this happens when the sender is able to forge its email address. By forging the email address, the spammer tricks you to block the wrong email address. As you have blocked the wrong email address you keep on continuing to receive emails from an email address you think you have blocked.
In order to detect if the sender has forged the sending address you need to compare the email address of the sender in the “From:” field with the address in the Email header. After knowing the true address you have to ensure that you have blocked the correct email address.
How to view the True email address of the sender?
To stop receiving Emails from Blocked Email addresses in Yahoo, it is important that you know the true email address of the sender. Here are the steps you should follow to know the true email address of your senders:
- First of all, open the email you received from a blocked sender.
- Then, go to the toolbar available above the mail and click on the “More” button.
- Now, you need to select “View Raw Message” from the drop-down menu.
- At the next page, you will see a lot of codes.
- At the beginning of the raw message or the codes, you can find the full header. Here, you can check the true address of the sender mentioned against the “Return-path:” or “From:” field.
Now, you know the true email address of the sender. Match this email address to the one you have in your block list. You will find that both the email addresses are different. This is the reason why you keep receiving emails from blocked Email addresses in Yahoo.
How to block Emails on Yahoo?
After knowing the true email address of the sender, you can block it by following the steps given below:
- To start the proceeding, you need to sign in to your Yahoo mail account.
- Click on the settings (Gear icon) form the top right corner of the window.
- Select “More settings” option from the drop-down menu.
- Open “Security and Privacy” tab from the panel available at the left-hand side panel.
- Then, click “+ Add” button available against the “Blocked Addresses”.
- Enter the true email address of your Sender at the prescribed field.
- Finally, click on the “Save” button to confirm the block.
Yahoo allows you to block up to 500 email addresses.
How to setup filter block emails in Yahoo?
You can further enhance your Yahoo Mail account filtration to block unwanted emails in your Yahoo account completely. Here are the steps you should follow to setup filters in Yahoo.
- Sign in to your Yahoo mail account and click on the settings (Gear icon) from the top of the window.
- Choose “more settings” from the drop – down menu that will appear.
- Go to the left panel and select “Filters” option.
- Click on the “Add” button from the right-hand side panel.
- Enter a name for your filter.
- Add the criteria for your filter (how you want to filter out emails).
- Choose the folder where you want to send the filtered messages.
- Click on the “Save” button.
- Click on the “Save” button one more time to confirm the creation of a filter.
We hope that after reading this post you will be able to stop Receiving Emails from Blocked Email Addresses in Yahoo. However, in case the problem continues then you should contact Yahoo mail support.