How to secure your Yahoo Mail account with using simple trick or Tips
Yahoo is one of the most renowned email services around the globe having a humongous customer base. Unfortunately, due to the large customer base, Yahoo is also one of the favorite mail services for the hackers as well. Although Yahoo is working constantly to improve its security features hackers do manage to deceive the Yahoo security from time to time. The techniques that hackers exercise to hack a yahoo account are phishing, keyloggers, fake wap etc. Nothing can be more frustrating than to know that someone else has the access to your highly confidential emails. If your yahoo account is also hacked then you should read this article till the end. Here, we will provide you with the step by step methods for Hacked Yahoo Mail recovery.
How to recover hacked Yahoo Mail account on Desktop?
The steps for Hacked Yahoo Mail recovery on a desktop computer are as follows:
- Visit official Yahoo website on the PC’s web browser i.e. https://www.yahoo.com/.
- Click on Sign in from the top right corner of the webpage.
- Here, you need to click on “Trouble Signing in?” link. You can find this option at the bottom of the sign-in window.
- Type the recovery phone number and email address that you have added while creating the account.
- Click on “Continue”.
- Click on “Yes, Text me an Account Key” if you want to retrieve the account key using the recovery phone number. Alternatively, you can also click on “Yes, send me an Account key” to retrieve verification code through the recovery email address.
- Copy the verification code from the recovery phone number or email address.
- Paste the 8 character verification code at the prescribed space on the Yahoo website.
- Click on “Verify” (blue button below the verification text box)
- In case you have multiple Yahoo account using your phone number or alternate email id then you need to select your hacked Yahoo account.
- Finally, change Yahoo password to a new one for future logins.
Now, you can log into Yahoo using the new login id and password.
Recovering Hacked Yahoo Mail password on Mobile
The hacked Yahoo Mail Recovery is a little bit different on the Mobile phone as compared to the desktop. The steps to Recover Yahoo mail on mobile are as follows:
- Download and open Yahoo mail application.
- Tap on the “Yahoo Mail” available at the left-hand side of the screen.
- Tap on the “Trouble Sign in” link that will be available at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, you need to provide your recovery phone number or email address.
- Copy your 8 character verification code from the recovery phone number or email.
- Paste the verification code at the required space.
- Select the account for which you want to recover Yahoo mail password.
- Create a new password for future login.
How to secure your Yahoo Mail account?
Here is how you can secure your Yahoo Mail account so that no hacker can breach the security of your yahoo mail account.
- Open yahoo inbox page.
- Click on your name available at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Account Info” from the drop-down menu.
- Go to “Recent Activity” tab available at the left-hand side of the page.
- Check the locations where your account is currently signed in.
- Sign out from all the unrecognized locations.
- Now, click on “Account Security” from the left-hand side of the page.
- Scroll down to find the “Two-step verification” switch. You need to click on that switch.
- Provide your phone number and click “send SMS”.
- Enter the verification code received on your phone number and click “Verify”.
- Click on “Skip for now” to confirm your decision to enable two-step verification.
After following the above-mentioned steps, your Yahoo account will remain safe and you will not have to run Hacked yahoo mail recovery ever.