Earthlink is a renowned name in the field of Internet service. Apart from the Internet service, Earthlink also offers an email service. Just like any other email service, Earthlink email also uses the mechanism of entering the username and password in order to sign-in. However, every now and then we can see users complaining about forgetting the password. Keep reading this post if you are looking to reset Earthlink email password. Given below are the steps that a user may follow in order to recover a reset Earthlink Email password not working.
What are the steps to recover Earthlink Email password?
Not being able to log in to Earthlink email can be really annoying. In case your Earthlink email password not working or can’t sign-in due to any other reason, you should follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, you need to open “EarthLink PC FineTune” and click on the “Lost password?” link from the bottom of the screen.
- After you click on the “Lost Password?” link then you will be directed to the “EarthLink My Account page”.
- Then, you have to enter your Earthlink Email password into the appropriate field.
- Click on the “Continue” button after entering the email address.
- On the next page, you need to choose the verification process that you may access easily. The method of verification is given below.
- Security question (most likely your father’s middle name) and your primary telephone number plus extension (if applicable).
- Phone number and extension plus security work/pin.
- Next, you have to click on the “Continue” button.
- Enter a new password and click on the “Continue” button.
- Finally, on the last page, you have to click on the “Ok” button.
Point to remember: The user should note that it may take up to 20 minutes for the Earthlink email password reset to take place. So, you should note that you have to wait for at least 20 minutes in order to sign-in once again.
What are the steps to Change Earthlink Email Password?
Those who are looking to reset Earthlink email password then you have to go through a lot of steps including verifying your phone number. In case you know your current password and looking to update Earthlink email password then you should follow the steps given below.
- First of all, you have to log into Earthlink “My Account” portal using your primary email address.
- Then, in the next step, you have to click on the “Email profiles”.
- Then, you need to click on the “Edit” link the password row.
- Next, you can now fill out the form in order to create a new password.
- While entering the new password, you are required to make sure that you follow the password guidelines.
- Once you are done with entering the new password then click on the “Change Password” button in order to complete the change.
That’s all you need to do in order to change the password. To check the new password, you should log into your Earthlink email account once again.
What are the password guidelines of Earthlink Email?
Whenever you reset Earthlink email password or update Earthlink email password, you need to enter a new password. At the time of entering the password, you need to ensure that you follow the instructions given below.
- The length of your password should be between 8 to 12 characters.
- All the passwords should contain at least 3 of the following things.
- An upper case letter
- A lower case letter
- The password should also contain a number
- The Earthlink password should contain any of the following special characters: @, #, $, %.
Note: The special characters in the password are limited to the above options. Previous special characters that are no longer listed are not available for password usage at this time.
How to protect your Earthlink account?
Here are some steps that you should take in order to protect your Earthlink account from malpractices like hacking.
- Make sure you change the password regularly.
- The password you are using should be long so that software can’t crack it.
- Don’t share your password with anybody in any condition.
- You may also use a password manager in case you tend to forget Earthlink email password.