Reset Icloud Password & Update / Changes Iclound Password without phone Number: If you are an iPhone or Mac user then you probably have some idea about the importance of Apple ID and its password. Whether you want to buy iTunes music or access your iCloud email you have to enter your icloud id and password. But what if you forget your icloud Password someday? Well, forgetting an icloud password is quite common among the iphone or Mac users. Thankfully, Apple has provided very simple yet secure methods to recover a lost iCloud Password.
If you have also forgotten your icloud password then you can retrieve it effortlessly by trying the recovery methods mentioned in this tutorial.
Recovering iCloud Password on iPhone or IPad
- If you are using an iPhone or iPad then you should follow the steps given below in order to recover the iCloud Password.
- Firstly, open settings in your iphone/ ipad followed by iCloud.
- Enter your Email address and tap on “Forget Apple ID or Password?” option from the bottom of the page.
- Enter your Apple ID.
- Now, you will be asked to answer the security questions.
- Answer the security questions to the best of your knowledge and you will be able to reset your password.
Recovering iCloud Password using “My Apple ID”
You can also recover the lost iCloud Password by logging into Apple’s “My Apple ID” page.
- First of all, go to appleid.apple.com.
- Click on “Forgot ID or Password?” option.
- Type in your Apple Id and click on “Next”.
- Now, you can retrieve your password either by answering the security questions or via Email.
- If you choose to recover password via Email then Apple will send you a link to reset the password on your backup email id. You just need to follow that link in the email and you will be able to reset the password.
- If you choose the answer the security questions, then you have to answer the security questions and provide your date of birth in order to the reset the password.
Recovering iCloud Password using two factor authentication
It should be noted that this method will work only if you have two factor authentication enabled in your account.
- Visit, iforgot.apple.com.
- Provide your Apple ID.
- Now, Apple will provide you two options to recover an iCloud Password. First one is through a trusted device and the second one is through your phone number.
- In case you choose the “Reset from another device” option then you have to open settings followed by iCloud in your trusted device. Then tap on “Password and Security” followed by “Change Password”. Now, you can enter the new password as per your choice.
How to Update your iCloud password on an iPhone
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to and select “Passwords & Accounts.”
- Select iCloud under Accounts. Select iCloud. …
- Tap “Password & Security.” …
- Select “Update Password” at the top. …
- Enter your new password twice, and select “Change.”
Is Apple ID password the same as iCloud password?
Your iCloud password is not the same as your Apple ID. If what you really meant to ask was whether your iCloud password is the same as your Apple ID password, then yes it is. … Your iCloud password is not the same as your Apple ID.
How can you reset your iCloud password?
How to reset your Apple or iCloud password with your email address or security questions
- Navigate to iforgot.apple.com in any web browser.
- Enter your Apple ID email address. …
- Click Continue.
- Select I need to reset my password. …
- Click Continue.
- Select Get an email or Answer security questions. …
- Click Continue.
- Click Done.
Why can’t I change my iCloud password?
Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud. Choose Account Details. If you’re asked to enter your Apple ID password, click “Forgot Apple ID orpassword” and follow the onscreen instructions. … Click Security > Reset Passwordor Change Password.
What happens if I change my iCloud password?
If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud. If you’re signed out, enter your updated Apple ID and password. … You might need to enter your password. Your data will remain in iCloud and will be updated on your device when you sign in toiCloud again
How can I find my iCloud ID and password?
Go to your Apple ID account page and click Forgot Apple ID or password. When you’re asked to enter your Apple ID, click “If you forgot your Apple ID”, and you can look it up. Enter your first name, last name, and email address. If you enter the wrong email address, you can try again with a different one.
How can I find my iCloud password?
Part 1: How to recover iCloud password on iPhone & iPad
- Go to Settings > iCloud.
- Enter your email address and tap the option “Forgot Apple ID or Password?”.
- Now you can do one of two things:
- You’ll be asked the security questions that you’d set up. Answer them.
Now you can reset your password.
How to unlock your Apple ID
- Go to iforgot.apple.com.
- Enter your Apple ID – usually the email address associated with your Apple account.
- Enter the code to prove you’re not a robot.
- Click Continue.
How do I change iCloud password without old password?
Go to your Apple ID account page and click “Forgot Apple ID or password.” If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead. Enter your Apple ID, select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue
If you choose to reset the iCloud Password through a Phone number then you will receive instructions to reset the password on your Phone number. Follow the steps given in those instructions and your iCloud password will be retrieved.