Optimum is a renowned email service offered by optimum which also offers high-speed Internet service. The overall experience of using an Optimum email account is quite positive. In addition to this, the security features of this email service are also very good. It doesn’t allow any user to access their email account without entering the correct password. However, just like the users of any other email service, the users of Optimum email also tend to forget Optimum email password more often than not. Luckily, it is very easy to recover a lost optimum email password in case you know the correct process to do so. In this article, we will provide you all the necessary details that you should know in order to Optimum email password reset.
How can I reset Optimum Email password?
We understand that the situation can be extremely annoying if you are unable to login to the Optimum email account especially if you can’t remember the password. In such a situation Optimum password recovery is the only option you have in order to get your account back. Given below are the steps that you should follow in case you are looking to reset Optimum email password. Please note that the steps mentioned below are progressive in nature which means you should move on to the next step only after completing the previous step.
- First of all, you have to visit the official login page of the Optimum email.
- On the official login page, you need to find and click on the “Forget password” link.
- Then, in the respective fields, you should enter your correct “Optimum ID” along with the accurate captcha code.
- Next, you are required to choose the method of Optimum email password recovery.
- Please note that you may select the option to receive a temporary password on your phone.
- In case you want to reset Optimum email password without a phone number then you should select the option to receive a temporary password through the alternate email ID.
- Select the appropriate option as per your choice and then move on to the next step.
- After that, you must enter the temporary password that you will receive on your phone or alternate email.
- The system will provide you with the option to enter a new password in case you enter the correct password.
- Then, enter a new password for your optimum account. Please be very careful while entering the new password. You should make sure that the password meets all the Optimum email password guidelines.
- Finally, you are required to click on the “Ok” or submit button in order to save the password that you have just entered.
That’s all you need to do in order to reset Optimum email account login credentials. It is a smart idea to check your login credentials after resetting the same. You should log out of your Optimum email account and sign-in once again.
What are the steps to change Optimum email password?
As you can see in the above method we were looking to change optimum password when you can’t remember the previous password. However, the process to update Optimum password is far easier if you know the previous password. Given below are the steps that you should follow in order to change Optimum email account password.
- To change the password of your optimum email account, you need to visit the “Optimum ID management Center”.
- Enter your current Optimum login credentials i.e. Optimum ID and password.
- Click “Sign-in” to log into your account.
- After that, you should open the “My Account” tab and choose the “Change password” option.
- Enter your current password in the “Old password” option and then enter your “new password” in the new password text box.
- To confirm your new password, you have to enter it one more time in the “Enter new password again” text box. Remember your new password should contain at least 6 characters and it is case-sensitive.
- Finally, click “Submit” to save the changes. Your password is now changed.
Optimum email password guidelines
Keep the following guidelines in mind whenever you change or reset Optimum email password.
- The length of your password should be more than 6 characters. However, a longer password is recommended.
- The password should be a combination of alphabets, numbers, and symbols.
- Avoid using your information like name, nickname, date of birth, as your password.
- Never share your password with anyone.