How to Retrieve Old Emails from Yahoo Account?
Yahoo mail is absolutely awesome when it comes to providing storage space for your messages. It offers nearly unlimited storage for your emails and never deletes them without your consent. So, if you haven’t deleted any email by yourself then it is quite easy to retrieve old Emails from Yahoo Account. In order to do that you just need to use the search options that can recover yahoo emails from years ago.
On the other hand, if you are looking to retrieve deleted email then you need to act quickly because restoration of deleted emails in Yahoo is possible just for a limited period of time. No matter if you have deleted the email or not if you are wondering how do I find older emails in yahoo mail then this piece of write up is just for you. Here, we will provide you with the step by step method to retrieve old emails from Yahoo Account.
How to see old emails in yahoo inbox?
If you are using Yahoo as your primary email service provider then you are likely to receive a lot of emails daily. You must have observed that the new incoming emails make older yahoo emails disappeared from inbox gradually. But actually, the older emails don’t go anywhere they just went out of your sight due to a large number of new emails. You can still retrieve old emails from Yahoo account by using the search options. All you need to do is follow the steps given below:
- First of all, you need to sign in to your Yahoo mail account.
- Then, click on the search bar available at the top of the page.
- Type the search term that relates to the email you are looking for like subject name, sender name etc. in the search bar.
- Finally, press the “Enter” button. This should easily retrieve old emails from Yahoo account of yours.
In some rare cases, you may find it difficult to recover yahoo mail message through a simple search. In such a scenario, you need to run the “Advanced” search options. Follow the steps given below in order to do so.
- Go to the search bar available at the top and click on the “Search options icon”.
- Then click on “Advanced Search” option available at the bottom of the list.
- Enter the search criteria for your advanced search.
- Finally, click on the “Search Mail” button.
You will surely find out old emails in your Yahoo account using the advanced search option. However, if you still can’t find the emails then it indicates that the email you are looking for is deleted.
How to get old Yahoo emails back after deleting them?
When you delete an email in Yahoo it doesn’t get deleted straight away. At first, the deleted emails move to the trash folder and then removed from the trash folder after a certain period of time. So, you should not panic if you have accidently deleted an email in Yahoo. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to get the email back to your inbox.
- Log into your Yahoo Mail account and open trash folder.
- Choose the email message you are looking to restore.
- Click on the “Move icon” available at the top of the window.
- Now, select “Inbox” from the list of folders.
Now, the selected emails will move on to your inbox.
How to recover deleted yahoo Email through the Yahoo Mail App?
If you prefer to use Yahoo mail app over the yahoo webmail then you can recover deleted mail through the Yahoo mail app as well. In order to do so you may follow the steps given below:
- Launch Yahoo mail app and tap on the “menu” icon.
- Then, you need to tap on the “Trash” folder.
- Choose the email messages you are looking to restore.
- After that, you should tap on the “Move Icon”.
- Finally, choose “Inbox” from the drop-down menu that will appear.
The deleted emails will get restored back to the inbox.
How to retrieve old Emails from Yahoo account if they are permanently deleted?
You can empty your trash folder whenever you want. But what if you want to recover back an email after emptying the trash folder? Well, you can still restore contact by sending a “Restore Request to Yahoo”. Here are the steps you should follow to send a restore request.
- First of all, visit the “ Yahoo Mail Restore Help Form” page
- Click “Send a restore request” link available at the bottom of the page.
- Choose the specific reason why you want to send a restore request.
- Select the time range when prompted to answer the “When did you last see the missing messages?"
- Enter your Yahoo mail ID at the prescribed location.
- Enter the captcha code and click “Create Request”.
This will send a request to Yahoo for the restoration of the deleted emails. Here are some important points regarding the Yahoo Mail restore request that you should know.
- You cannot cancel a restore request after sending it.
- The restore request cannot retrieve old emails from Yahoo Account every time.
- You can restore emails only within 7 days of emptying the trash folder.
- After retrieving, the email will get stored in the same folder in which it used to be before deleting.