If you are a charter spectrum internet user then you might know about roadrunner webmail. It is an email service provided by charter spectrum to its high-speed internet user. Roadrunner has some exemplary features like 5 GB free storage space, inbuilt spam filter etc. However, it is a harsh reality that no email service can be absolutely problem free. Every now and then, you have to face some sort of problems with your email account. Roadrunner email is not an exception. More often than not, we can see users complaining that their Roadrunner email not working.
Not being able to access your email account can be very frustrating especially when you are looking to send or receive an urgent email. Nevertheless, you don’t have to worry if your roadrunner stopped working. You just need to follow some basic troubleshooting steps and you will be able to cope up with most of the roadrunner email issues with ease.
Why my Roadrunner email isn’t working?
There is no particular reason or factor which we can point out as the primary reason responsible for Roadrunner email problems. In fact, there are countless numbers of technical and non-technical glitches which can cause a lot of troubles for the roadrunner email users. Let’s have a look at some of the most commonly prevailed errors and issues in the Roadrunner webmail service.
- Roadrunner login problems – unable to sign-in to Roadrunner, unable to log in to roadrunner etc.
- Roadrunner password not working
- Forget Roadrunner email password.
- Roadrunner email not sending/ receiving emails.
- Roadrunner email not loading on iPhone.
- Unable to check Roadrunner email attachment.
- Roadrunner not responding or opening on android.
- Receiving a lot of spam emails on Roadrunner email
- RR email not opening on Google Chrome/ firefox/ safari.
- Roadrunner IMAP/ POP settings not working/
- Unable to use Roadrunner email on a Mac Device.
- Not able to reset roadrunner email password/ Roadrunner password recovery not working.
Please note that these are just the small number of possible issues in a roadrunner email account. Actually, there are many more errors and glitches that you may face while using Roadrunner email account.
How to Fix “Roadrunner is not working” problem?
The process to resolve your Roadrunner email problem depends upon the exact error or issue you are facing. It is not possible to discuss solutions to all the errors in a single post. However, you can check the basic troubleshooting information for most of the common Roadrunner email problems as given below:
Roadrunner email account stopped working on Google Chrome, Firefox or other web browsers.
In case the roadrunner not working on a computer web browser then you should follow the steps elaborated below:
- First of all, you should ensure that your computer is connected to a smooth internet connection. You need to contact your Internet service provider if you are not connected to the internet.
- Then, you need to check your browser and make sure it is compatible with your Roadrunner email account.
- Make sure that the version of your browser is not outdated.
- Clear the browsing data including cache and cookies of your web browser.
- We add extensions and add-ons in our browser to make web browsing easier. Many a time, these extensions can also cause a problem in browsing websites like roadrunner. If you also have any suspicious extension added to your web browser then you should disable it temporarily.
- Similarly to the extensions, antivirus software can also block roadrunner from working properly. So, you may disable your antivirus temporarily and check if this resolves the problem or not.
- In case the problem continues then we recommend you to open roadrunner email on any other browser and device.
Forget Roadrunner Email password/ RR webmail Password not working.
Please note that it is not possible to get back the exact same password that you were using previously. You can reset Roadrunner password and create a new one by following the steps given below.
- Visit the official login page of Roadrunner email.
- Click on the “Forget your password” link that will appear below the sign-in window
- Then, you have to provide your Roadrunner email address.
- After that, you need to enter your cable modem ID.
- Once you are done with entering your cable modem ID, you need to set a security question for your Roadrunner email account.
- After setting up the security question, you will get the option to create a new password.
Unable to send Email on Roadrunner email
Here are the steps that you should follow if your Roadrunner email account is not sending emails.
- Roadrunner has an upper cap of 1000 emails that you can send in 24 hours. So, ensure that you have not crossed this limit.
- Check your internet connection and ensure that your internet connection is smooth enough to send an email.
- The web browser and device you are using to send Roadrunner emails should be compatible.
- Ensure that you are trying to send the email to correct email address.
- Check SMTP settings if you are unable to send roadrunner email using third party email clients.
- Switch to another device/ browser to check if you are able to send an email or not.
- Contact your recipients and ask them to do the following things.
- Ask them to check their spam folder.
- Make sure that the recipients haven’t blocked you.
- Ask them to contact their email service provider.
Not able to receive Roadrunner email.
To check this issue, you should try to send yourself an email. If you can’t receive this email then it is clear that there is a problem with your Roadrunner email account.
- Check other folders within your Roadrunner email account such as trash, spam etc.
- Check your internet connectivity.
- Make sure that you are using Roadrunner email account on a compatible browser and device.
- Ensure that you haven’t blocked the sender by mistake.
- Check the filter settings in your Roadrunner webmail account. Make sure the emails you are expecting are not being filtered out.
- Contact your sender and ensure that the email is actually sent from their end.
- In case the issue persists then it is better to contact Roadrunner support.
Roadrunner not working on iPhone
On an iPhone, you can use Roadrunner email via safari browser or “Mail” App. If Roadrunner email is not working on safari then you should check the steps applicable for chrome/ firefox mentioned above in this post. In case you are finding it difficult to use Roadrunner email through the “Mail” app then you should check the steps given below:
- Select a security question and provide the answer in a way that you can remember it.
- Then, you have to provide a new password for your Roadrunner email account.
- Confirm your password by entering it again.
- Check your wifi or mobile data connection to ensure you are connected to the internet. You should also turn off the airplane mode in your iPhone if it is on.
- Ensure that you are using the correct Roadrunner IMAP/ POP setting for iPhone. The IMAP Settings for using Roadrunner on iPhone is given below:
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming server: mobile.charter.net
- Incoming port: 993
- SSL: On (should be on for both SMTP and IMAP)
- Outgoing server: mobile.charter.net
- Outgoing port: 587
- In case the IMAP settings are not working properly then you can set up Roadrunner email on iPhone using POP.
- Uninstall all such applications that can block the proper workflow of Roadrunner email.
- If you are still facing the problem then you should seek help from Roadrunner customer service.
Roadrunner email isn’t working on Android.
A lot of users prefer using Roadrunner email account on android. If you are finding it difficult to do so then you may check the troubleshooting instructions given below:
- Make sure you are using the correct Roadrunner IMAP/ POP settings for Android. Here is the accurate POP setting to add Roadrunner email to an android phone.
- Incoming mail server hostname: pop-server.dc.rr.com
- Incoming mail server port: 110
- SSL: no
- Outgoing server: mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com
- Outgoing Port: 25
- Authentication required: Yes
- You may switch from POP to IMAP or vice versa if the settings are not working properly.
- Ensure that your android phone is not running out of storage space.
- The Roadrunner should work fine after entering the correct POP/ IMAP settings. In case the problem continues then you may dial Roadrunner helpline number for more assistance.