Step by Step Fix Send & Receive Errors in Microsoft Outlook
Although Outlook offers you a range of cool features like calendar, contact, journals, contact management etc its primary function is still sending and receiving emails. It can be utterly frustrating if you receive an error message when you are sending an important email or expecting an important Email from someone. Being loaded with many features also has its own demerits as well. The main demerit of having a wide range of features is the accumulation of a lot of bugs. These bugs may also interfere with the primary function of MS outlook i.e. sending and receiving emails, Error occurs when you send or receive an email message in Outlook.
This tutorial is for those MS Outlook users who are facing various errors in sending & receiving emails in Outlook. Here, we will list down different send and receive errors in MS Outlook along with techniques to fix them.
Some common Send & Receive Errors in MS Outlook
The users may face quite diverse errors messages while sending and receiving Emails on www.Outlook.com. However, there are still some generic error messages which are quite common among the users as given below:
- The server could not be found
- Error occurs when you send or receive an email message in Outlook
- Task 'server name - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800ccc0f): 'The connection to the server was interrupted.
- Outlook Stopped working
- Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection.
- Task 'SMTP server name - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x80042109):
- The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server 0x8004210a
- Error code: 0x8007000c
- Error code: 0x800C013b
- Step to fix www.Outlook.com Account Blocked
- Hotmail Login Not working
- A time-out occurred while communicating with the server 0x800ccc19.
- Error code: 0x8004210b
- Hotmail Stopped working
- No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.
In addition to these errors, there are many more send & receive errors in Outlook that can cause a great deal of nuisance for the Outlook users.
How to resolve Send & Receive Errors in Microsoft Outlook?
Whatever is the error message; if you are not being able to send or receive email through Outlook then it can be immensely annoying. Here the steps that you should follow in order to fix send & receive errors in Microsoft Outlook with ease. Please note that you should follow these steps progressively, for example – you should move on to the step - 2 only if step – 1 fails to resolve the error. How to Resolve Outlook Send Receive Error
Step 1: Make sure that you are connected to a fast and smooth internet connection
- To check this, you may try to open a basic web page like google.com or msn.com
Step 2: Ensure that your Outlook Email account settings are configured properly
- The Outlook Email account settings are different for the different version of MS Outlook like 2010, 2013, 2016.
- Make sure that POP/ IMAP settings are correct.
Step 3: Delete all the suspicious email messages from your Outlook inbox.
- In order to delete the suspicious email, you should access your mailbox with your ISP's web-based email program.
- You may also contact your ISP and request them to delete the emails.
Step 4: Make sure your antivirus is not causing any software conflict with Outlook.
- You should check whether you are able to send/ receive email after temporarily disabling antivirus.
- You should also visit the website of your Antivirus to check its compatibility with Outlook.
Step 5: Configure your Firewall to allow Outlook to access the Internet
- Sometimes, the firewall settings are also responsible for blocking the Internet access to the Outlook application. You should make sure that the Firewall allows Outlook to connect to the Internet.
- You may also disable Firewall temporarily but doing this is dangerous as it makes your PC vulnerable to the virus attacks
Step 6: Repair MS Outlook
- If the problem continues then you may repair MS Outlook
- The process to repair MS outlook is different for all the operating systems. Generally, you can find the option to repair MS Outlook in “programs” category in the Control panel.
- You may also re-install MS outlook if required.
Note: The steps mentioned above are for all the users including those who are using other email services on the MS Outlook email client. The next four steps are only for those users who are using Outlook as their Email service provider.
Step 7: Check your Outlook Email Profile
- To test your Outlook Email profile, you should create a new profile.
- If you are able to send and receive email using the new profile then it clearly indicates that there is a problem with your Outlook Email profile.
- You can also configure your new outlook profile as your default profile.
Step 8: Run MS outlook in safe mode
If you are a Windows 8, 8.1, 7, 10 or Vista user then you may run MS outlook in safe mode using the following steps.
- Open search box in the taskbar if you are a windows 10 user. Windows 8 or 8.1 users may move their mouse to the upper right corner of the screen to open the search box.
- Type “Outlook.exe/ safe” in the search box.
- Finally, press “Enter”. This will open MS outlook in safe mode.
Step 9: Repair your .pst file using the Inbox repair tool.
- If the send & receive errors in MS outlook continues even in safe mode then you should repair the .pst file.
- The .pst file stands for personal folders file. This file stores your contacts, notes, email messages, calendar items, and other data.
- To repair .pst file you need to run the inbox repair tool.
- Generally, the inbox repair tool is stored in your MS office program files in your PC’s C drive
Step 10: Clean up the email messages that are stuck in MS outlook outbox.
Follow the steps given below in order to do so.
- Open MS Outlook and click on “Send/ Receive” tab.
- Click on “Work Offline”.
- Choose the Outbox and right click the message you want to delete.
- Select “Delete” from the menu.
- Open “Send/ Receive” tab once again and click on “Work Offline” in order to de-select it.
Contact Outlook 800 Customer Service vai Phone Number, if the customer are not satisfied these steps.