Get Quick Help and Support Sending, receiving failed in Outlook/Hotmail/Outlook
The features, functionalities and overall performance of Outlook/Hotmail get a major boost after getting merged with Outlook. Yet, the main function of a Outlook/Hotmail account is sending and receiving emails. Many a time, it is observed that many users have to deal with an error message that email sending, receiving failed in Outlook/Hotmail. There is no one fixed reason or cause behind this problem. Actually, this problem can occur due to a range of issues or a combination of issues. However, you should note that Outlook/Hotmail has a fixed limit on the number of emails you can send in a day. In case, you try to send more emails than the permissible limit then you will surely face an error.
We understand that it can be utterly frustrating when need to send an urgent email and you can’t send one due to an error. That’s why we are providing this tutorial. Here, we will let you know the main reason behind the email sending, receiving failed in Outlook/Hotmail issues and techniques to fix them.
Outlook.com Support solved other issue
- Unable To Attach File In Outlook Email Message
- Outlook / Hotmail Account Hacked By Someone & Recover A Hacked Hotmail Account
- How To Contact Outlook Support Number
- Hotmail Not working
- Hotmail Stopped working
- Outlook Stopped working Support
Reasons why email sending, receiving failed in Outlook/Hotmail
To implement the techniques to fix Outlook/Hotmail email sending and receiving errors, you need to understand the reasons that are causing the problems. Actually, there are countless possibilities of errors that can cause problems in sending/ receiving emails in Outlook/Hotmail. However, there are some generic issues as given below:
Causes for Outlook/Hotmail not receiving emails problem
Here are some general issues that can cause hindrance for an email to reach your Outlook/Hotmail inbox.
- Using an incompatible browser to load Outlook/Hotmail
- You might have blocked the sender unknowingly
- Incorrect filter settings filtering all the new incoming emails.
- If you are not able to read the attachment in the received email then it is possible that you might not have the software to read the attachment such as PDF reader, flash player etc.
- Browser’s extensions and add-ons blocking Outlook/Hotmail to work properly.
- Windows firewall and antivirus causing software conflict.
- Sender making a typing error while entering your email address.
Reasons why Outlook/Hotmail not sending emails
The following factors can be the main reason why you might face Outlook/Hotmail not sending email problems.
- Poor and unstable internet connection.
- Your account might be blocked by Outlook/Hotmail itself. Generally, Outlook/Hotmail blocks an account due to mass spam reporting.
- The browser you are using might not be compatible.
- You might have crossed the daily permissible limit to send the maximum number of emails.
- If you are using Outlook/Hotmail on other email clients then the problem can be related to your IMAP/ POP settings.
- Problems with a browser such as too many caches, cookies, problematic add-ons etc.
Apart from these reasons, there are many other factors as well that can cause email sending, receiving failed in Outlook/Hotmail.
How to fix unable to receive emails issues in Outlook/Hotmail?
After knowing the possible reasons behind not being able to receive emails in Outlook/Hotmail, let’s go through the steps you should follow in order to fix them.
- Make sure you haven’t crossed the permissible daily limit of the maximum number of emails.
- Ensure that you are not typing an incorrect address in the “to” field of your email message.
- Check your internet connection, it should not be slow and interrupted.
- The maximum size limit of an attachment in Outlook/Hotmail is 20 MB. Your email should not have an attachment bigger than this in your email.
- Make certain that your Outlook/Hotmail account is not blocked. In such a case, you need to wait unless your account is unblocked.
- Make sure you have all the latest windows updates installed in your PC.
- The browser and the device you are using to send emails on Outlook/Hotmail should be compatible.
- Clear browser data and try to send the email once again.
- Check your outbox because sometimes your email can be stuck there as well
- If the issues persist then you should call your recipient check for the following things
- a. Make sure you are not blocked by your recipients.
- b. Ask your recipient to check their filters and make sure that their emails are not blocked by the filters.
- c. Ask them to check their spam or trash folder.
Note: In case you are using Outlook/Hotmail via IMAP/ POP then you should make sure that you are using correct IMAP/ POP settings for Outlook/Hotmail.
Outlook/Hotmail on other Email clients
If you are using Outlook/Hotmail on other email clients, the incorrect IMAP settings can also result in email sending, receiving failed in Outlook/Hotmail. Here, are the correct IMAP settings for Outlook/Hotmail.
- Your Name: Your display name as you want to show to the others.
- Email Address: Your complete Outlook/Hotmail email address.
- Account Type: IMAP
- Outgoing Mail server: smtp-mail.outlook.com
- Incoming mail server: imap-mail.outlook.com
- User Name: Your Outlook/Hotmail address before @Outlook/Hotmail.com
- Password: Your Outlook/Hotmail password
- Remember Password: As per your wish
- My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication: Enabled
- Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA): Disabled
- Incoming server (IMAP): 993
- Use same settings as my incoming mail server: Enabled
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: SSL
- Outgoing server (SMTP): 587
- Use the following type of encrypted connection: TLS. visit our Outlook Support Number