Set up iCloud on outlook
Along with your Apple ID, you also get an iCloud email account with 5GB free cloud storage space. Apart from the email, you can also use this space to store your important documents. Just like any other email account, you can also set up iCloud email on Outlook very easily. Once the setup gets completed, you will be able to send and receive iCloud email on MS outlook with ease. However, you need to be very careful while setting up iCloud on Microsoft Outlook because minor negligence can cause different errors and issues.
If you have an iCloud email account and looking to set it up on your Outlook program then this tutorial is just for you. In this post, you can see the best method to add iCloud email on Outlook effortlessly. Additionally, we are also going to provide you with some necessary tips and tricks so that you don’t have to face issues during the setup process.
Things to know before you set up your iCloud email account on Outlook.
Here are some important things that you should keep in mind before you connect iCloud emails on Outlook.
- It is recommended that you add iCloud in the latest version of Microsoft Outlook for smooth processing.
- Check your Internet connection. In order to access iCloud email ID on Outlook, it is important to have a good internet connection.
- Also, ensure that you have your iCloud email address/ username and password with you while starting the process to add iCloud on Microsoft Outlook.
- You should also take a backup of your emails so that you have access to your important emails in case of an error or issue.
How to configure iCloud on Outlook?
Here are the steps you should follow in order to set up iCloud on Outlook with ease.
- First of all, you should run MS Outlook on your Computer.
- Click on the “File” button from the top left corner. This will open a drop-down menu.
- Hover your mouse over “Info” and click on the “Add Account” button.
- Tick the radio button appearing next to the “manual Setup or additional server types”.
- Now, select the “POP or IMAP” option.
- Type your name and iCloud Email address at the prescribed location.
- Select “IMAP” as the “Account Type”.
- Enter “imap.mail.me.com” as the incoming mail server.
- Type “smtp.mail.me.com” as the outgoing mail server.
- Enter the following information as the logon info.
- Username: Enter your iCloud email address (If an error occurs then you should remove suffix i.e. @icloud.com from your full iClould email id)
- Password: Provide the password of your iCloud email id.
- Tick the box appearing against “Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA)” and “Remember Password”.
- Click on the “More Settings” option from the bottom of the table. This will open a new window.
- Firstly, you should open the “General” tab in the new window and provide a name for your account. You can choose any name as per your preference.
- Open “Outlook Server” tab and check the box against “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” option.
- Also, tick on the radio button next to the “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”.
- Then, you need to open the “Advanced” tab and enter the following information.
- Incoming server (IMAP) port: 993
- Use the following type of encrypted connection (under incoming server): SSL
- Outgoing Server (SMTP) port: 587
- Use the following type of encrypted connection (under outgoing server): Auto
Note: Here, you should leave every other option as they are.
- Click on the “Ok” button from the bottom of the window once you are done.
- Then, to test the iCloud configuration settings on the outlook, you should click on the “Next” button.
- Now, the report of the completed test including Incoming and outgoing test will appear on your screen. Here, you just have to tap “Close” in order to close the window.
- Finally, click on the “Finish” button.
That’s it; iCloud setup on Outlook is completed. You can now check iCloud emails on you MS Outlook program quite easily.
Please note that some of the steps we discussed here may vary as per the MS Outlook version you are using like Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 etc.
What to do if iCloud not working on Outlook?
In case you face problems even after you set up iCloud on Outlook properly then you should follow the steps given below:
- Make sure your PC meets all the system requirement of Outlook and iCloud.
- Check the date and time of your Computer and make sure they are correct.
- Try to open iCloud through apple.com. If you can open it on apple.com then you should recheck the configuration.
- Make sure you are entering the correct username and password.
- You should try to use iCloud on MS Outlook once again after restarting your PC.