How to Access iCloud on Gmail & Steps to configure iCloud with Gmail
How to set Up iCloud with Gmail: iCloud is one of the most popular cloud storage and cloud computing service that let the users access their emails, videos, photos, and documents stored over the internet. Engineered specially for iPhone users, iCloud can be configured easily with Gmail. If you want to add iCloud with your Gmail account, then you certainly need to go through this post as here we’ll explain the steps with which you can configure iCloud with Gmail.
With iCloud being set up with Gmail, you can conveniently access the emails stored in your Gmail account. All that is required from your end is to make certain changes in the setup and you’ll be good to go. Apple products and services are often surrounded by incompatibility issues with other devices. But if you have decided to switch from an iPhone to an android phone then the good news is that you can access iCloud from your Android with the help of right apps.
Pre-requisites of setting iCloud with Gmail
Before we begin with the linking of iCloud with Gmail, it is important to know the requirement for setting iCloud in Gmail account.
- Apple ID: You must hold a valid Apple id in order to make the transition of iCloud from iPhone to android.
- App-specific passwords: Create an app-specific password in iPhone before you add iCloud with Gmail.
- Two-factor authentication: Enable two-factor authentication in both iPhone and android phone.
How to create an app-specific password for your iCloud account
To access iCloud account, Apple has made it mandatory for users to enable the two-factor authentication. When you open your iCloud, the two-factor authentication is enabled automatically. To set up iCloud with Gmail account on android phone, you need to create an app-specific password for iCloud account. Follow the steps provided below to create the app-specific password-
- Open the web browser in your computer and go to the appleid.apple.com.
- Login into your Apple account using your unique Apple ID.
- Now, on the “Manage” page, you need to look for “Security” option.
- Simply click on the “Generate password” button under the “app-specific passwords” tab.
- Type a name for the password and click on the “Create” button to create the specific password.
- Jot down the password somewhere safe and use the same to setup iCloud email on your Android phone.
Steps to configure iCloud with Gmail
To set up iCloud with Gmail, you need to open the settings in android phone that you’re currently using. The location of settings app might vary from phone to phone. Nonetheless, you need to tap the “cog/gear” icon depicting the settings. After that, you are required to follow the steps as mentioned below-
- Tap on the “Accounts” option.
- Now to add your iCloud account, you need to tap on the “Add account” option present at the bottom.
- Tap on the “Personal (IMAP)” tab and provide the email address of your iCloud account.
- Hit the “Next” button and enter the app-specific password that you’ve generated with the help of web browser (as mentioned in the post).
- Once again hit the “Next” button.
- You need to tap the checkboxes next to the account options that you’d like to enable or disable.
- Tap “Next” followed by another “Next” button and the setup is now complete.
Your iCloud email account will now appear in your list of accounts, and you’ll be able to access your iCloud inbox in the Gmail app.
Sync iCloud contacts to Android
In case you want to sync the contacts stored in iCloud to your android phone, you need to log into the iCloud account and follow the steps as mentioned-
- Open “Contacts” and select all the contacts you want to export to your phone.
- Now, click on the gear icon, and select “Export vCard”.
- You need to save the VCF file to your computer.
- Next, transfer the data to your Android phone either by USB or using cloud storage.
- Now open “Contacts” again and tap on the “Menu” icon to go to Settings > Import.
- Browse for the VCF file and import the contacts.