Even though Roadrunner is not as popular as other prestigious email services like Gmail, Yahoo etc. it still has a big customer base. The reason why many users prefer Roadrunner email is that it can be used on a variety of platforms including iPhone, Android, iPad etc. Roadrunner email also works well on 3rd party email clients such as Outlook, Thunderbird. However, in order to use Roadrunner email account on different devices/ platforms, you should set it up using IMAP/ POP protocols.
Please note that apart from using IMAP/POP, you can also access Roadrunner email on your phone using the mobile browsers as well. Though, the experience of using it on a mobile browser is not that great as compared to using IMAP/ POP. The process for setting up an email account with Roadrunner on different platforms is very easy. All you need to do is follow the instruction mentioned in this tutorial. Here, we will discuss the most convenient methods to configure Roadrunner on different platforms.
How to set up Roadrunner email on Android?
If you are looking to access Roadrunner email on Android then you should follow the steps given below for setting up an Email account with Roadrunner on Android.
- Go to the mail app on your android phone and select “Settings”.
- Then, you need to tap on the “Add a new email account” button under the settings menu.
- After that, you should select “POP3”.
Note: Here, we are using POP3 protocols to add roadrunner email on Android. You can also choose “IMAP” if you prefer IMAP settings over POP.
- Provide your complete Roadrunner email address along with the password.
- Select “Manual Setup” and enter the information given below under the “Incoming Settings” Screen.
- Username: Enter your Roadrunner username
- Password: Enter the password of your roadrunner email account.
- Incoming Mail Server Hostname: pop-server.dc.rr.com
- Incoming Port: 110
- Security Type: None
- Once you are done with entering the account information, you should tap “Next”.
- Enter the information listed below under the “Outgoing Settings” screen.
- Username: Provide your Roadrunner email username
- Password: Enter roadrunner email password.
- Security type: none
- Authentication required: Yes
- Outgoing Mail Server Hostname: mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com
- Outgoing Port: 25
- Finally, you need to enter your email account preference and give a personal name to the account.
How can I configure Roadrunner email on iPhone and iPad?
Apart from the android, you can also set up Roadrunner email on an iOS device as well. Follow the steps given below to add Roadrunner email on iPhone/ iPad.
- You can start with selecting “settings” option on your iPhone or iPad.
- After that you have to choose “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” from the settings menu.
- Select “Add Account” followed by “other”.
- Choose “Add Mail Account” and enter the following information related to your RR email account.
- Name: Enter your name
- Address: Provide your complete Roadrunner email address.
- Password: Enter Roadrunner email password.
- Description: Just type “Roadrunner”.
- Tap “Next” after entering the roadrunner email account info.
- Choose “POP” and provide the Incoming and Outgoing Mail server information as given below:
- Incoming Server Hostname: pop-server.ec.rr.com
- Username: Enter your full Roadrunner email address.
- Password: Provide Roadrunner email password.
- Incoming Port: 100
- SSL (Incoming Server Security): Off
- Outgoing Server Hostname: mobile-smtp.roadrunner.com
- Outgoing Port: 587
Note: You may get a message stating “Do you want to try setting up the account without SSL?”. In such cases, you just need to tap “Yes”.
- Finally, tap on the “save” button
Roadrunner email iPhone/ iPad configuration is completed. You can now send and receive roadrunner emails on iPhone using the “Mail” app.
How to add Roadrunner email on Outlook?
Roadrunner email is designed to work smoothly with third-party email clients like Outlook. For setting up an email account with Roadrunner on MS Outlook you need to follow the steps given below:
- Run MS Outlook on your computer and open Tools/ File (depends upon the version of Outlook you are using)
- Then, you should open “Account Settings” and select the “Email” tab.
- In the email tab, you need to choose “New”. This will open the “New Email Account” dialogue box where you can configure Roadrunner email.
- After that, click on the box that will start from “Manually configure server settings”
- Then, under the user information, you should type your name and complete roadrunner email address.
- Choose “POP3” under the server information.
- Type “pop-server.roadrunner.com” or “pop-server.san.rr.com” carefully under the “Incoming Mail Server” box. “San” mentioned in the incoming hostname address describe the location which is subjected to vary.
Note: If your roadrunner email account ends with “roadrunner.com” domain then you should select “pop-server.roadrunner.com”, otherwise you have to select “pop-server.san.rr.com”.
- Now, you have to enter either “smtp-server.roadrunner.com” or “smtp-server.san.rr.com” under the “Outgoing Mail server”.
- Provide your complete roadrunner email address under the “username” box.
- Enter your roadrunner password and check the box against “Remember Password”.
- Next, you may check your configuration by clicking on the “Test Account Settings”.
- Now, wait till Outlook sends a test message to your Roadrunner email account.
- Finally, click on the “Next” button followed by “Finish” to complete the configuration. You may now check your Roadrunner email account on Outlook with ease.
If you are looking to set up your Roadrunner email account on any other third party email client or you have any other query then you may contact Roadrunner support.
- How to set up Roadrunner email on Android
- How to Add Roadrunner Webmail to Outlook?
- What to do if My Roadrunner Email Password is not working
- Reset Roadrunner Password: Steps to Recover Roadrunner RR Email Password
- Roadrunner Email Blocked Account Issue
- Hacked Roadrunner Email Account Recovery
- How to configure Roadrunner Email account
- Roadrunner Not Working
- Visit for More About Roadrunner Customer Service Number