How to setup Centurylink.net email on an iPhone using IMAP? Setting Up Centurylink.Net Email On Iphone with Add Centurylink email on iPhone using POP
Setting Up Centurylink.Net Email On Iphone
You no longer need a computer/ laptop in order to access your email account. As long as you have a smartphone with internet connectivity, your email account is at your finger tips. If you are a centurylink.net email user then you can access your email on iPhone in two ways. You can either check your emails on the web using safari browser or set up centurylink.net email on iPhone using IMAP or POP protocols. Once you are done with setting up centurylink.net email on iPhone, you will be able to access emails through the “Mail” app quite easily.
It is a better idea to access centurylink.net email on iPhone through “Mail” as compared to safari browser. The reason behind this is that, in the “Mail” app, you will get a better user-interface and functionality as compared to the web version on safari. In this tutorial, we will provide you complete information in order to configure centurylink.net email on iPhone.
What are the requirements in order to configure Centurylink.net email account on an iPhone?
If you are looking to access your Centurylink.net emails through the “Mail” app of your iPhone then you need to have the following things.
- A stable internet connection: In order to set up any email account on an iPhone, you must have a good internet connection. So, it is recommended that you should check the wifi or mobile internet connection in your iPhone before starting the configuration. Also turn off airplane mode in your iPhone if it is on.
- net email address (username): You should know your complete email address as well as the username of your Centurylink.net email account in order to set it up on iPhone.
- Centurylink email password: To set up an email account on your iPhone, you need to provide the login credentials of your email. That’s why it is essential that you know the password of your centurylink.net email account.
- Backup of previously saved emails (Optional): In case you have saved some emails in your iPhone then settings up Centurylink.net on iPhone can clear them. So, it recommended that you take a back up.
How to setup Centurylink.net email on an iPhone using IMAP?
IMAP is more popular as compared to POP when it comes to adding an email account on iPhone. Let’s go through the steps that you should follow to configure Centurylink on iPhone.
- Firstly, you should tap on the “settings” icon from the home screen of your iPhone.
- After opening the settings menu, you should choose the “Mail” option.
- In the next menu, you should tap “Accounts”.
- Under the “Accounts” option, you should tap “Add Account”.
- Then, a list of some email services like Gmail, Yahoo, AOL etc. will appear. You need to scroll down a bit and tap “other”.
- Choose “Add Mail Account” and enter the following information regarding your Centurylink.net email.
- Name: Provide your Name
- Email: Enter the email address of your Centurylink.net email account.
- Password: Enter the password of your Centurylink email account.
- Description: Type “Centurylink”.
- Highlight “IMAP” from the top on the next page.
- Move down and enter the “Incoming Mail Server” information as given below:
- Incoming mail server hostname: mail.centurylink.net
- Username: Enter the username of your centurylink.net email account.
- Password: Provide Centurylink email password.
- Now, you should enter the “Outgoing Mail server” information as illustrated below.
- Outgoing mail server hostname: smtp.centurylink.net
- Username: Provide centurylink.net email username.
- Password: Enter the Centurylink email password.
- Once you are done with entering server information, you should tap “Save”.
- Select the Centurylink.net email account which you have just added.
- Go to the “Outgoing Mail Server” option and select “SMTP” server.
- Make sure “smtp.centurylink.net” is appearing under the “Primary Server”. After that, you should make sure that the following information is appearing.
- SSL: SSL
- Serverport: 465
- Tap on the “Done” button and go back to the last screen. After that, you should choose “Advanced” and ensure that the following information is correct.
- SSL: SSL
- Serverport: 587
Congratulations! The configuration process is now complete. Don’t forget to restart your iPhone after setting up centurylink.net email on iPhone.
Note: Some steps mentioned in the tutorial can vary for different iPhone model like iPhone 6, iPhone X etc.
Add Centurylink email on iPhone using POP
You can also use POP settings in order to attach Centurylink email with iPhone. The overall steps will remain the same as we have mentioned for IMAP. However, the server information will be different as illustrated below:
- POP/ IMAP: POP3
- Incoming Mail Server Hostname: pop.centurylink.net
- Incoming Mail Server Port: 993
- SSL (Incoming Server security): SSL
- Outgoing Mail server Hostname: pop.centurylink.net
- Outgoing mail port: 143
- Requires sign-in/ Authentication requirement: Yes